Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
seville sts
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a Cadillac sts 98 and i have a problem with my abs traction control.

I have check everything!!is not a speed sensor ,is not a corosion,is not a abs pump,is not a ebtcm.

My BIGGEST problem is that the first speed is disable:mad:

I will like to know if he has a way to have my first speed with the traction control light on.

PLEASE HELP ME.

I have this problem for too long time and it spoils the pleasure of driving this car.

Thank you in advance to the genius of this forum!

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
Please post any DTC codes you if you can via the vehicle OBD , first there should be a few clues there.

·
Registered
seville sts
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please post any DTC codes you if you can via the vehicle OBD , first there should be a few clues there.
CURRENT when I accelerate.ding!!!The abs and tc light is on, and ding!!service stability is trigger(first trouble)
ABS C1233 - Right Front Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted

CURRENT when a turn left. ding!!!service stability is trigger.ding!!The abs and tc light is on (second trouble)
ABS C1281 - VSES Sensors Uncorrelated
ABS C1287 - Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction
PCM P0741 - TCC System Stuck Off

For the first and second trouble when i restart the car the abs tc light is off and all code is HYSTORIQUE or delete.

CURRENT (always)
RSS C1738 - Exhaust Solenoid Valve Short to GND
RSS C1761 - Right Front Position Sensor Input Fault (service suspention sys)
RSS C1780 - Loss of Steering Position Signal
PCM P1602 - Knock Sensor (KS) Module Performance

HYSTORIQUE
C1226 - Right Front Excessive Wheel Speed Variation
C1255 - EBCM Internal Malfunction
U1064 - Loss of Communications with DIM

For now, I have remove my abs fius. this resolve my abs problem .But this gives a bigger problème I lose my FIRST gear.:devil:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,497 Posts
Based on the codes you posted, you need extensive, expensive suspension and transmission repairs.

The steering wheel position fault must be corrected. Steering column must be disconnected and sensor replaced.

The front strut position sensors must be repaired.

The real level control and compressor must be repaired or replaced. Also, the rear shocks may be faulty.

The knock sensor, under the intake manifold, is malfunctioning, limiting engine ignition control.

The TCC (Torque Convertor Clutch) requires removal of part of the transmission and replacement of a solenoid valve control. Maybe also the torque convertor.

The RF wheel speed sensor may be a dirty connector or broken wiring.
The suspension and wheel speed problems must be corrected before you will regain 1st gear.

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
If you don't believe, the Sub, just do your own research on the google for each of your codes. Make sure you have a good stiff drink to sip off while you read up! Sorry for the bad news.

·
Registered
seville sts
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wheel speed is new.I have replace the hub bering.(the sensor is paste above.) this are nothing change.

The front strut position sensors I will look on ebay.

The steering wheel position:mecanic will watch this.

solenoid valve control is this??-----------) http://cgi.ebay.ca/GM-TCC-SOLENOID-VALVE-24227792-CADILLAC-BUICK-CHEVY_W0QQitemZ130304835832QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item130304835832&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1215|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

which is the code that explains that it must change the compressor?

Thank you very much for your help!!

·
Registered
seville sts
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read it:On obd1 cars you can go into pcm override then go to ps24 and push warmer once. It will say 99 and you'll have 1st gear for 11 ignition cycles.

wiht obd2 there is there any way to do the same thing?

thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts