Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not find an answer specifically to do with this scenario.
I believe this is an electrical problem via the following symptoms.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Vehicle:
2000 Cadillac Deville
118k Miles
Runs Like New

Issue:
Traction Control Light Illuminates.

When:

When driving with the headlights in the "On" position & when using either of the turn signals.

Extra:
When the headlights are in the "Off" position, I can use the turn signals as much as I want without engaging the Traction Control Light as mentioned above.

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
Check your OBD system for codes and post any results so more advice can be determined. Thanks.

·
Registered
2000 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran the codes with the Traction Control "on".

HISTORY:
ABS C1295

CURRENT:
IPM B0429

These are the only codes. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
ABS C1295 – Brake Lamp Switch Circuit Open This one is probly the culprit for the T light ON. Make sure your Emergency brake is not on and /or foot pedal is not too far down. Possible need for fluid in the Master Reservoir and also the TRACTION pump reservoir might need fluid. Follow the brake lines from the Master cylinder to find the pump. I'm not sure where it is on your model. You should be able to check the fluid there when you find it.

IPM B0429 – Temp Control #3 Rear Circuit Range / Performance. This one has something to do with your Climate control in the Rear, not Traction Control

·
Registered
Deville
2 Posts
Was there ever a definitive solution to this?
I am experiencing the exact same problem
I don't have that IPM thing but C1295 and it comes on not when the turn signal is on but when it clicks off. It has to have the lights on and it has to be clicked on
meaning I can hold it a little with my hand but not push it down all the way and nothing happens and I could turn it on completely and leave it on for hours. It's when it clicks back off.
it's always a history code I guess because it's just that instant it turns off so when the car is turned off and on the light goes away and traction control works fine
It's bizarre to me
My mechanic gave me some print outs from alldata
It's info is just as much of a guess as anyone's

oh
and if anyone could do me a favor and message the original poster to see if they found a solution or reason
I can't because I have not been a member long enough or posted enough
thanks

·
Registered
Deville
2 Posts
I just wanted to edit my comment above
but I can't
Because it does come up when the directional is on not just clicked off
and if it is just held and not clicked on

still a problem
but I'll wait on it for now

·
Registered
2001 Seville SLS
444 Posts
Look at the schematics for where either the power or the ground are shared between the blinkers and traction control light and you can find where the problem will be.

·
Registered
2004 SLS
2 Posts
Hello everyone. can anyone tell me what could be wrong with CENTRAL LOCKING OR POWER LOCKS SYSTEM ON 04 SEVILLE THEY ALL OUT BUTTON DONT WORK, ALARM REMOTE DONT WORK, I NEED TO FIXED IT. ANYONE??? 4 DOORS DONT RESPOND TO ANYTHING? ANYONE KNOWS WHATS UP WITH THAT??? THANKS

·
Registered
2001 Seville SLS
444 Posts
Hello everyone. can anyone tell me what could be wrong with CENTRAL LOCKING OR POWER LOCKS SYSTEM ON 04 SEVILLE THEY ALL OUT BUTTON DONT WORK, ALARM REMOTE DONT WORK, I NEED TO FIXED IT. ANYONE??? 4 DOORS DONT RESPOND TO ANYTHING? ANYONE KNOWS WHATS UP WITH THAT??? THANKS
Maybe you should start a new thread and include the diagnostic trouble codes.

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
I can not find an answer specifically to do with this scenario.
I believe this is an electrical problem via the following symptoms.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Vehicle:
2000 Cadillac Deville
118k Miles
Runs Like New

Issue:
Traction Control Light Illuminates.

When:

When driving with the headlights in the "On" position & when using either of the turn signals.

Extra:
When the headlights are in the "Off" position, I can use the turn signals as much as I want without engaging the Traction Control Light as mentioned above.
Mine does the exact same thing and same year of deville. If you've found a solution please let me know:[email protected]

·
Registered
2010 DTS
11 Posts
I also have the same exact problem--same model (00 Deville). The light only appears when the lights are activated and the codes indicate a "brake switch" issue. If anyone has any ideas other than checking the break fluids/parking brake--please send me a private message...I will be sure to follow up on this thread once it is fixed.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
01 Deville DHS
8 Posts
I also have the same exact problem--same model (00 Deville). The light only appears when the lights are activated and the codes indicate a "brake switch" issue. If anyone has any ideas other than checking the break fluids/parking brake--please send me a private message...I will be sure to follow up on this thread once it is fixed.

Thanks in advance!!
RE: Any luck yet with this issue?

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
It's the 3rd brake led light. It has a chip in it that goes bad causing a voltage drop. Replace the 3rd light and everything will work fine. Caddy dealer charged $130 for the light assembly, easy fix to do yourself!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts