Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Seville STS, 1998 Cadillac Deville (Base)
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's almost impossible for me to see it without removing the air cleaner and/or pcm. Anyway, mine doesn't have a sticker on it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've noticed that the TCS warning light comes on every so often while driving, but it comes on very quickly everytime I turn the A/C on. I am able to replicate this 99% of the time. If the A/C is on when the car starts then the TCS light will be on shortly. But it will also come on shortly if I've been driving around with no problems, then decide to cut on the A/C. Is there some sort of relation here? Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I know it sounds weird, but the TCS warning light always comes on soon after the A/C is activated. Without the A/C being turned on, the light will not come on until a good amount of driving if it even comes on at all. Also, after the warning light comes on, it seems that the A/C gets weaker (The fans stop blowing as hard even though it's still set to max.), but it could be unrelated. It just seems like there must be some explanation, it happens too consistently to be a simple coincidence.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just found out that the EBTCM shares a ground with the A/C compressor clutch, and the RH side fan motor. Then I realized that the air coming out of the RH side vent is a lot weaker than the rest of the vents. Also, sometimes a little air blows out of the vents even though everything a/c related is off, and sometimes when the air is on it feels weaker than it should (like I described earlier). Could this explain any of my problems, and is it worth checking out the ground. Thank you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Another question. After unsuccessfully attempting to remove the ebtcm, I re-tightened the screws and reconnected the wiring harness. But now the ABS warning light is constantly on, which has never happend before. There are no new codes that I can see that would have caused this light to come on. What is causing it, and is there any way to make it go off?

Also, is there any specific place you would reccommend taking the car to have the ebtcm removed, and possibly replaced. I do not feel like going through the trouble of removing a stripped screw, or bleeding the brakes if I remove the pump assembly. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,729 Posts
The dealer knows the car the best, but almost anyone should be capable of doing the EBTCM job.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
After unsuccessfully attempting to remove the ebtcm, I re-tightened the screws and reconnected the wiring harness. But now the ABS warning light is constantly on, which has never happend before. There are no new codes that I can see that would have caused this light to come on. What is causing it, and is there any way to make it go off?
Does anybody have any ideas about this, I want to make sure that this is the same problem and not a new one. I've tried reseting everything and unplugging the battery for over 30 minutes.Thanks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Great news, I went to a junkyard and got a used EBTCM. After a very long and painful installation, I put everything back together and started up the car. I was very excited when I found that there were no more warning lights on! Since then I've driven over 100 miles and have had zero problems. I'd like to think everyone who helped me in resolving this problem, thanks to you, I can once again enjoy driving my car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
They didn't sell the EBTCM by itself, so I ended up paying $75 + tax for the whole ABS Pump + EBTCM Assembly. I could have gotten it for about $50-60 elsewhere, but I decide to just pick the closest place in case I had to make multiple trips. It was simple to separate the two units.

·
Registered
96 Sedan Deville
5 Posts
I just went through the same excersise. I was to the point of tearing out the windshield water bottle to get at something down there that I was told where the Traction control module was. It was not there on a 95 deville. It is sitting on a cross member more to the middle of the car. You can spot it by all the brake lines going to it and the big electrical connector sitting on top of it. It is behind the radiator.

Thank you for your reply. So is the EBTCM under the air cleaner on the right side? Ive read where people have said that that is where it is but Im not sure about the 1996 model. I took out the air cleaner and didnt see anything, so I must need to remove something else. Also in the service manual I have it says that the EBCM/EBTCM is located in the trunk. How do I know where to look? I'm also unsure of where the PCM is. Once I find them should I simpley examine and reseat the connections? Thanks again.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts