Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2004 Cadillac SRX AWD, Northstar V8 with 165,000 miles. I love this car. However - the ABS/Traction system+computer has been a problem. I was able to replace the system (mechanical box/hydrolic-fluid) 4 yrs ago and things were OK for a while - but now the 'computer part' constantly comes on and sometimes I can't stop the chiming - even if I stop/restart (reboot) the car or hit the button to continue.

My dealer says - you cannot get parts for 2004 - e.g. cannot be fixed.

The car drives great, even with ABS/Traction/Stability coming on... so my question... Can I disable the chime/speaker somehow? Can someone tell me how to do it?

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,148 Posts
Have you tried reading the codes and see if the car thinks there is a problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is definitely a problem - e.g. the traction control computer is failing/failed. My local Cadillac certified dealership says SRX 2004 parts are no longer available - and can't even find used parts.
However - the car performs adequately for me - even with ABS and traction control disabled... and I'd like to continue to drive it. But its just not practical with a ding every second - ding, ding, ding, ding, .... non stop. So I'm just wondering if someone knows how I can turn off the sound.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,886 Posts
MANY sensors and switches supply info on braking and stability to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) - the "computer". Even a faulty wheel speed sensor will cause stability/traction/power/ABS faults. Slim chance it might be the EBTCM - Electronic Braking and Traction Control Module. If it's that then the electronics section goes to Module Master Home for repair.

Have the car's trouble code system scanned at any parts store and use this link to define and post any found codes. They read out as a letter, four digits, a letter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts