Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac ETC,XLR,STS-V, ESCALADE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my STS-V: Today I reproduced for the third time same situation. Entering slowly a closed turn up a slight slope, I push hard on accelerator all the way down and get NO POWER at all. Goes DEAD. Also get a msg 'Traction Active'. Have done it on 'D' and 'SD' with same results. Any of you has ever experienced this.? I don't want to get this while trying to overpass a long truck.!

·
Registered
403 Posts
yes but just once a while back. it was only dead for a half second then kicked in and i did not get a msg that traction was on. I thought it was a flukey SC thing.

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
I think if your going around a slight bend and punch it you would definitely fish tail out of control..you have to have your traction set at competitive mode every time you get in your car..I know its a pain in the ass, but I do it every time just incase a situation comes up..hope your not passing trucks around closed turnes...:eek: ..j/k

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Can you feel the wheel lose traction or skip? I can make it happen in the same turn every time, but there is a bump there that the cars hits and the rear dances a bit under hard acceleration around that turn.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
Push your TC button twice when you get into the car and try it again. Bettre yet hold the TC button down for 8 seconds and turn off TC and Stabilitrac all together. Be careful..... If it still does it then take the car in for srervice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts