Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Soon
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

First, I want to thank you all for your comments/feedback on this forum. Your inputs played a large part in adding the ATS to the mix of the Domestics/German choices I was weighing in buying a car when I return from deployment this summer. I did go drive an ATS while I was on mid-tour leave, and it thoroughly impressed me enough to place an order. With that said, I've been trying to track my order on the GMConnect site (which I learned about on this forum), and all I'm getting is the home screen again after I enter my tracking code. Anyone having luck on this site working lately for them? Thanks again and keep the posts flowing--it provides some excellent reading in this somewhat automotive lacking environment that I'm in...

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
GMConnect is dead. They got into a %#*&ing contest with GM last year and GM pulled the plug on their feed. I don't know which party I'm more annoyed with but its pretty lame that GMConnect doesn't have the decency to shut down their dead site OR at least post a message to that effect.

GM doesn't get any love for pulling the plug. GMConnect's story is that GM middle management was embarrased that GMConnect provided status for their customers that they couldn't. So they killed the feeds while they came up with their own system (don't hold your breath). Of course GMConnect developed their system to sell to GM. Maybe they wanted too much; who knows? So basically it came down to both of them being more willing to take the ability from GM customers than give an inch.

Now you have to beg Customer Services on this site or bug your salesman or call an 800 number to get a status.

Things have really gone down hill for tracking. It wasn't that long ago that your salesperson could get the rail car number your car was being shipped on and you could use an automated phone system of the railroad to find out where the rail car was. But the railroads got wise and made sure only their paying customers could get the info.

·
Registered
Soon
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow--well that explains why the site is Tango Uniform--Thanks. Guess I'll be placing some calls to the Cadillac help line...good times...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts