Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 SRX Premium
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone shed some light on how the factory communicates with the dealer concerning a new order? I ordered my 08 CTS on 8/14 and in speaking with the dealer this morning he said "the factory hasn't picked up the order yet". From my past experience in ordering GM cars, usually the status changes do not occur in the sequence from 1100 to 3800 to 4200 in a code by code run. In the past, the first status change communicated may be 2500, preferenced, and then 3800, produced, and then the car is here before you get the code 4200, delivered. Anything thoughts or confirmation would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
374 Posts
I can only speak from my experience. i ordered mine on a Monday and GM assigned an order number the following Thursday or Friday. The factory received it the following Friday and they started building it the next Monday. So it was exactly two weeks from order to start of build. Now that production has ramped up, it may be a little longer. After it was bult, it took another 10 or 11 days before it was shipped. That was this past Tuesday. Waiting for it now.

·
Registered
13 SRX Premium
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GM. Do you know what status codes were available through the process and where they fell into the time frame you experienced? Mine will be 2 weeks this coming Tuesday, and to hear "they haven't picked up the order yet" is feasible because the first status report may be "preferenced" (2500), instead of a lower one in the sequence.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I never heard what the codes were. I just heard from a guy at the factory when they started building my car and when it was ready for shipment. My dealer told me when it was in transit. Sorry, not much help. Your dealer should be able to get the codes on their Dealer World web site. I'm hoping mine arrives tomorrow or Tuesday.

·
Registered
13 SRX Premium
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again GM. It will be interesting to see what information I get in the next 2 weeks. They checked the dealer web and there was no activity. Let me know how you make out with yours and I'll keep you posted on mine if you are interested.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS
312 Posts
Thanks again GM. It will be interesting to see what information I get in the next 2 weeks. They checked the dealer web and there was no activity. Let me know how you make out with yours and I'll keep you posted on mine if you are interested.
You didn't happen to order anything on hold, did you? Like the B20 wood package or the 17 inch wheels? That could delay it - but the dealer should know that by now.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Can anyone shed some light on how the factory communicates with the dealer concerning a new order? I ordered my 08 CTS on 8/14 and in speaking with the dealer this morning he said "the factory hasn't picked up the order yet". From my past experience in ordering GM cars, usually the status changes do not occur in the sequence from 1100 to 3800 to 4200 in a code by code run. In the past, the first status change communicated may be 2500, preferenced, and then 3800, produced, and then the car is here before you get the code 4200, delivered. Anything thoughts or confirmation would be appreciated.
I saw mine at several different status codes. I had the dealer check about once a week, and we saw the following codes: 3000, 3100, 3400, 3800, 4200, 4250. Then the dealer called an told me the car was at the dealership. Code 4250 is not in the following list, but it indicates that the car was received at an intermediate shipping location.

STATUS EVENT CODES
1100-Order placed at dealer

1101-Order accepted by GM
2001-Order generated to dealer
2005-Order replaced with GM Prospec order
2050-Order changed
2500-Order sent to production, preferenced
3000-Order accepted by production control
3100-Order available to sequence (now the tpw becomes more stable)
3300-Order selected for production by assembly plant
3400-Order broadcasted for production
3800-Vehicle produced
4150-Vehicle invoiced to dealer
4200-Vehicle shipped
5000-Vehicle delivered to dealer
6000-Vehicle delivered to customer

:cheers:

·
Registered
13 SRX Premium
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You didn't happen to order anything on hold, did you? Like the B20 wood package or the 17 inch wheels? That could delay it - but the dealer should know that by now.

I did order B19 and B20. Also ordered PDR so no 17" wheels. But I notice that they are deleting the B20 option and producing orders. I would imagine that there will be an status change this week as it will be two weeks Tuesday.

·
Registered
374 Posts
pfflyer - All cars are being built without the B20 option now and the window sticker will show a price reduction of $150.00. I know of one order that was being held up until B20 was available and that person had to tell his dealer to resubmit order without B20. I understand it won't be availabe until late September or early October. I'd suggest checking with your dealer on your order. If you insist on getting the B20 and waiting until October, let him know you want to hold your order until it's available or you'll get it without. Personally, I'm glad to get it without it. I'd prefer to hold leather instead of wood.

·
Registered
13 SRX Premium
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gm..thanks...I did call the dealer and tell them I would take it without the B20 option just to be safe. We'll see what happens this week. I had the wood wheel in my 06 and really liked the feel of but not enough to hold my order up.

·
Registered
13 SRX Premium
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a status update today. As of yesterday 9/5 my order moved to 3000, this exactly 3 weeks from order date. No word on the B20 situation although I did inform the dealer that deleting it was ok. Should there be a production date in the next week? I'll be in Michigan next week, wish that coincided with the build date.

·
Registered
Cadillac
20 Posts
I haven't checked with my dealer since he submitted my order on Aug 17th. But he gave me a printout from GM Dealer World. I ordered PDQ which on my sheet includes B20.

So will this hold up my order or will they automatically remove B20 without my intervention?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I ordered PDQ on mine also. It was built without B20 and price was reduced $150 (the MSRP of B20).

·
Registered
Cadillac
20 Posts
Hmmm... All this was concerning me and I called my dealer asking about a possible delay. They pulled it up and said the car had already been produced and assigned a VIN but was not yet invoiced to dealer. That was preety quick for a Aug 17th order! No?

·
Registered
13 SRX Premium
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered mine on Aug 14. From past experience it is usually 6 weeks or so, but my dealer told me to count on 8. If the car sits for 15 working days or so before it ships you are right around 7 weeks. My dealer just got 2 in and neither one has the B20, but I noticed they weren't ordered with it either. So typical, aware of the situation but don't communicate it to the buyer.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport Premium
129 Posts
My order was entered on August 14th, and the order status has been stuck at 3000 for two weeks. Should the status change from week to week?

·
Registered
13 SRX Premium
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ive ordered a couple dozen GM cars since Ive been driving and it seems that it usually goes from preferenced to build date and by the time they give you the build date, the car is here.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mine was ready for shipment August 10 but didn't ship until August 21, then took another week to get to the dealer, August 29, the day I picked it up.

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
I am getting real upset with GM. I ordered a 2008 CTs on June 16.
It had a production date of July 23.
It was already built by August 11.
It was shipped on 8/14
Invoiced on 8/17
There is some other notation in the invoice (EXP I/T 08/29/07) which I guess is an expected in transit date.

It is now 9/7 and the dealer says that they have no idea when to expect the car. They hope that it is any day but I have heard that for 2 weeks.

Does anyone know of anyone else that I can contact other than my dealer to find out what is up.

Every other dealer in my NY area for 20 miles has recieved at least one car one has gotten 7 cars so far. I feel very frustrated and feel that I should be able to get a straight answer.

For those people that have recieved their car, When was it ordered?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
... For those people that have recieved their car, When was it ordered?
May 24th. But hey, they didn't start building them until mid-July.

If yours was invoiced on 8/17, I'd say something is fishy. They should have had it by now. Ours shipped around the same time as yours, and we picked ours up on Aug 25th.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts