Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have your attention, where are the track videos with a cts cutting a decent 60ft time with these magic shafts:shhh:? Now I am all for dropping some cash on these if they actually work, lets see some proof, instead of meaningless 5k clutch dumps.....

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Damn, you sure did get my attention, to bad I don't have the axles, the video or the cash you're requesting!

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
2,061 Posts
I took the bait too!. So here's my .02- imo if you have the cash to blow on axles, which while necessary to ride the V like a Vegas hooker,, are definitely not necessary to get to work every day, you don't need video proof. just buy them!!. hurry, only 1599.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,092 Posts
Dayum! Phil! How are you doing?!! Haven't heard from you in darn near forever! Glad you're alive, actually.

Okay, getting back to the axle vids, we're waiting for someone to go beyond just posting up a vid on the street or parking lot, but to actually go to a strip and get some objective data and quantify just how well these axles get us to the 60 ft point. Who's volunteering? :cool:

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Now that I have your attention, where are the track videos with a cts cutting a decent 60ft time with these magic shafts:shhh:? Now I am all for dropping some cash on these if they actually work, lets see some proof, instead of meaningless 5k clutch dumps.....
How about - you buy and install the axles and then provide a video demonstrating that they don't work.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Dayum! Phil! How are you doing?!! Haven't heard from you in darn near forever! Glad you're alive, actually.

Okay, getting back to the axle vids, we're waiting for someone to go beyond just posting up a vid on the street or parking lot, but to actually go to a strip and get some objective data and quantify just how well these axles get us to the 60 ft point. Who's volunteering? :cool:
I know, it's been a long time since, I've been here. I feel like a Newbie.
We're still here in MI, hanging on by the grace of God.
I'm taking a day of tomorrow, so I decided to surf the web a little. Then when I seen the post about the 4th detail job, I had to shake of the dust and post!

I was so looking forward to the event you told me about at the Tech Center, but when I got an email saying that was no longer sponsored by my company and officially cancelled, I was like maybe next time.

I'm close to being out of warranty. Do you know of someone that can give my car a thorough inspection, so I can get any potential problems fixed before, I cross the 50k mile mark?

Thanks

·
14,092 Posts
I know, it's been a long time since, I've been here. I feel like a Newbie.
We're still here in MI, hanging on by the grace of God.
I'm taking a day of tomorrow, so I decided to surf the web a little. Then when I seen the post about the 4th detail job, I had to shake of the dust and post!

I was so looking forward to the event you told me about at the Tech Center, but when I got an email saying that was no longer sponsored by my company and officially cancelled, I was like maybe next time.

I'm close to being out of warranty. Do you know of someone that can give my car a thorough inspection, so I can get any potential problems fixed before, I cross the 50k mile mark?

Thanks
Not sure who exactly could do a thorough inspection. What about one of us from the forum here helping out? If you do get a list of issues, let Don Massey in Plymouth fix you up. They do my stuff ... they're as good as anyone out there in my book.

Yeah, Phil, I think about you often. My brother-in-law works at the Tech Center, too, so I hear about it often. Sounds like a big hurdle was passed yesterday with that judge's ruling about selling assets back to GM. My wife will be buying another vehicle in the next year, and I can guarentee you it will be GM! :thumbsup: Hope it helps. Long live the domestic auto industry.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Although these axles should be high on most peoples mod list. I don't know how much they'd help 60' times. The car is still heavy, and you can still break the diff on a hard 1-2 shift.
What are shtksker's 60' times? If he can't get near 1.6, the rest of us wont see much improvement.

I'm just saying, the axles solve a HUGE problem on our cars, but its not a fix-all.

Tony

BTW I KNEW THIS WAS A TEASE :rant2:

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
I've had a 1.62 60'......once

·
14,092 Posts
So, what're guys without the axles running? 1.9 to 2.3 or so?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Dangit!!

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
Before the new intake addition I cut consistant 2.1s launching from an idle with the TC on.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
How many people have actually bought and installed these? I'm guessing 12-15 have purchased, with probably about 8-10 people have installed. I've only seen 4 or 5 people make videos so far, so maybe even less have installed. Point being that lets assume 10 people on here have them installed, how often do regular dragger's run on the strip? Once a month, maybe? Either way your trickery was unwarranted! lol

Also i dont see 5k clutch dumps as being meaningless, prove me wrong and post up a few vids of you doing 5k clutch dumps on your stock setup and i'll take mine to the track :thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 Cadillac CTS-V
346 Posts
I'll be at the track but I won't have the axles :( Slipped launches at half throttle FTL!

I'll be getting a set soon enough though.

·
Registered
2004 cts-v
155 Posts
I've got em installed in a bone stock v, going to try to make a video in the next couple weeks. 5k drop seems kinda high to me, but well see. What else would you like to see out of a stocker? Ill try to include it.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
90 Posts
I've got em installed in a bone stock v, going to try to make a video in the next couple weeks. 5k drop seems kinda high to me, but well see. What else would you like to see out of a stocker? Ill try to include it.
Is duplicating this video in the V too much to ask? :bouncy:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts