Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luckily I will be able to run tommorrow at 3pm. Sorry for the delay! Thank this trashy ass rain!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
BOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Rain makes drifting easy! :thepan:
thats how i was feeling last night!!!
lol i had to run to and from the car to my younger brothers "middle school graduation in the thunderstorm.. ugh..
but on the drive home there were some great curvey roads on the way home and no cars in sight .. however, i couldnt do it .. my tires are down to shit as it is... i gotta make them last for now -- i need a new set ASAP and cant afford to be riding bald.
... [sigh] maybe another time...

___

nick, ask other owners with good times how they do their launches... afterall... we wanna get the best possible time, dont we :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Going to the Cleveland Grand Prix today.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
nick, ask other owners with good times how they do their launches... afterall... we wanna get the best possible time, dont we :thumbsup:
Launching the CTS is gonna be very simple, straightforward.
Nick, you have an auto, correct? You'll want to hold the brake, rev to 2000-3000 rpm (you'll figure out youre best rpm for your car after a few runs), and then when the light goes green, let off the brake and mash the throttle. Don't worry about redlighting, as this wont affect your 1/4 mile time, and your goal isn't to win the race, but to lay down a good 1/4 mile.

Do the usual track prep.
-Make sure the proper psi is in your tires each time.
-Remove all unneccessary weight from the trunk and interior.
-Empty your bladder and take a nasty poo. Weight saved is time earned.
-Try to run with as little gas as possible. I usually arrive at the track with a 1/4 tank, and have a 10 gal gas jug with me.
-Turn off TC and stabilitrak, all interior/exterior lights, AC, etc. I dont know how much hp our elecrical system robs (I doubt its very much) but every hp counts when our cars weigh this much
-I would also avoid the sticy juice/track jam/traction compound (whatever name they go by). We dont need that traction and it would only serve as more friction farther down the track. MHO of course.
-Do you have the Volant mod done? You should.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts