Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got Toyo R888s that I'll be using for the track. Toyo recommends camber of -2.5 to -5.0 percent and as much caster as possible.

My plan is to have an alignment done with these specs and the R888s on the car. Then I'll put my GSD3s back on for the street.

About the only downside I can see is excessive tire wear on the GSD3s. Anybody else see any issues or problems?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Yummy. Don't think you'll have many problems except for being darty on a rutted highway...

R888, huh? What's your schedule for the rest of the year? I'd like to squeeze 2-3 more track days before the end of the year. But I don't think I'll have time until mid September to the end of the season...

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yummy. Don't think you'll have many problems except for being darty on a rutted highway...

R888, huh? What's your schedule for the rest of the year? I'd like to squeeze 2-3 more track days before the end of the year. But I don't think I'll have time until mid September to the end of the season...
Jim:

I'm looking at Pocono (the long course) on Oct. 22 with PDA, although if the Porsche club will let me in for Mid-Ohio on Oct. 21-22 I might jump on that since I've never done Mid-Ohio. Then I'm probably going to do VIR again with Chin on 11/4-5. Also thinking about Lime Rock on 11/8 with PDA. Let me know if you're thinking of doing any of these.

The R888s will get their first test at Watkins Glen 9/3-9/4 with Trackmasters.

Steve

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
17 Posts
I'm looking at Pocono (the long course) on Oct. 22 with PDA
Do you have details on the PDA event? Not sure if I've got the guts to put my new V on track yet as I'm still getting the hang of how it handles, but it's fairly local so I might be interested in spectating, especially if there will be some other Vs on the course.

//Edward

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Jim:

I'm looking at Pocono (the long course) on Oct. 22 with PDA, although if the Porsche club will let me in for Mid-Ohio on Oct. 21-22 I might jump on that since I've never done Mid-Ohio. Then I'm probably going to do VIR again with Chin on 11/4-5. Also thinking about Lime Rock on 11/8 with PDA. Let me know if you're thinking of doing any of these.

The R888s will get their first test at Watkins Glen 9/3-9/4 with Trackmasters.

Steve
I was looking at LRP on 11/8 as well. Since watching NASCAR this weekend, I'm feenin' to go to the Glen...but don't think I can swing it.

·
Registered
CTS-V
672 Posts
I'm looking at Pocono (the long course) on Oct. 22 with PDA, although if the Porsche club will let me in for Mid-Ohio on Oct. 21-22 I might jump on that since I've never done Mid-Ohio.
Steve:

How about Mid-Ohio September 29-30 with the Allegheny Porsche club (www.ARPCA.com). I'll be there with bells on! :)

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd love to. But I'm on a cruise in my C6 Z06 with about 40 other Corvettes for the weekend in PA.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have details on the PDA event? Not sure if I've got the guts to put my new V on track yet as I'm still getting the hang of how it handles, but it's fairly local so I might be interested in spectating, especially if there will be some other Vs on the course.

//Edward
It's an Advanced Drivers event. If you have previous track experience, you might qualify. You can check at www.pdadrivingexperience.com.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was looking at LRP on 11/8 as well. Since watching NASCAR this weekend, I'm feenin' to go to the Glen...but don't think I can swing it.

Just did Lime Rock with my C6Z. It was through PDA and we had 40 cars in the group (only one group). Way too many cars. Way too little track time.

I've done November at Lime Rock with PDA before. Weather is always iffy. Nevertheless, if you sign up I'll seriously consider it.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Just did Lime Rock with my C6Z. It was through PDA and we had 40 cars in the group (only one group). Way too many cars. Way too little track time.

I've done November at Lime Rock with PDA before. Weather is always iffy. Nevertheless, if you sign up I'll seriously consider it.
Cool. I'll let you know. Keep in touch with what you do from now till the end of the season. I'm going to do my best to meet up with you this year.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got an e-mail from the Northern Ohio PCA that they'll let me run at Mid-Ohio Oct. 20-21. So I'm going to do that instead of Pocono on Oct. 22.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
I posted in HP's VIR thread, that I'm considering Chin in Nov and maybee Dec at VIR.

I'm sure some of my other driving budies will be there too.

VIR R0X0r's JOO!

-Chris

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I posted in HP's VIR thread, that I'm considering Chin in Nov and maybee Dec at VIR.

I'm sure some of my other driving budies will be there too.

VIR R0X0r's JOO!

-Chris
Let me know if you sign u for November. I'm 90% sure I'll go for the 11/4-11/5 event. Unfortunately, Chin makes you wait to sign up until a few weeks before the event.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Let me know if you sign u for November. I'm 90% sure I'll go for the 11/4-11/5 event. Unfortunately, Chin makes you wait to sign up until a few weeks before the event.
Will do.

Make sure you post (or I will, or Jim, or whoever) when they open registartion.

-Chris

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Hmmm, the Dolphins have a bye week that weekend...
You live in NE, and root for a division opponent, and the craptastic dolphins at that?

Enjoy Joey Porter & his knees (or lack thereof)! Steelers Rule!

-Chris

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
You live in NE, and root for a division opponent, and the craptastic dolphins at that?

-Chris
I spent my early life in Ft. Myers, before the invasion of the orange sherbert Bucs. As for the Steelers, just be glad the WFL stole the Fins starting backfield or else Miami would've gone to 6 or 7 Super Bowls in a row and the Steelers would've been also-rans...

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts

-Chris
So the reason the Steelers missed the playoffs AFTER A SUPER BOWL was because of Joey Porter? haha

All Porter has to be is the 4th best LB on the Fins. Taylor, Thomas and Crowder are established playmakers. The addition of Porter just makes us better. Miami's D has been dominant without Porter, Thomas, Taylor and Traylor sitting out. Even your Steelers can't compete...

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
So the reason the Steelers missed the playoffs AFTER A SUPER BOWL was because of Joey Porter? haha

All Porter has to be is the 4th best LB on the Fins. Taylor, Thomas and Crowder are established playmakers. The addition of Porter just makes us better. Miami's D has been dominant without Porter, Thomas, Taylor and Traylor sitting out. Even your Steelers can't compete...

I DEFINATELY SMELL A WAGER HERE.

We play on Monday night (@ steelers) 26 Nov.

What's the stakes?

Also I dunno who Crowder is. Do you guys play a 4-3 or a 3-4? If you play a 3-4, wholly crap, linbacker cumaltive age over 120 years = not GOOD. If 4-3, linebacker age closer to 100 than 90 also NOT good.

BTW, you can 'what if' all you want. My team 5 Super Bowl Rings. Last one 2 years ago. 6 appearances in AFC championship game in the last dozen or so years. Made the playoff's 10 out of last 15 years, division champ 8 times (you guys have what 3?).

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_Steelers_seasons) NO one seemed to bother to make a wiki for the fins.

Let me know about a bet. Perhaps if I win, you change your user name to:
TheBigSloSho
If you win, I change my UN to something of your choice such as:
TheBigTrukkSho
Trukk_luvs_the_Fins

Say for a month?

-Chris

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I DEFINATELY SMELL A WAGER HERE.

We play on Monday night (@ steelers) 26 Nov.

What's the stakes?

Also I dunno who Crowder is. Do you guys play a 4-3 or a 3-4? If you play a 3-4, wholly crap, linbacker cumaltive age over 120 years = not GOOD. If 4-3, linebacker age closer to 100 than 90 also NOT good.

BTW, you can 'what if' all you want. My team 5 Super Bowl Rings. Last one 2 years ago. 6 appearances in AFC championship game in the last dozen or so years. Made the playoff's 10 out of last 15 years, division champ 8 times (you guys have what 3?).

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_Steelers_seasons) NO one seemed to bother to make a wiki for the fins.

Let me know about a bet. Perhaps if I win, you change your user name to:
TheBigSloSho
If you win, I change my UN to something of your choice such as:
TheBigTrukkSho
Trukk_luvs_the_Fins

Say for a month?

-Chris
No wiki? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Dolphins

As for 8 division titles in 15 years, I'm sorry, but if you had to deal with the early 90's Bills and the late 90's and current Patriots, you'd have fewer than 3 titles. Except for a decent Baltimore team over the past few years, you had Cleveland, Cincinnati and a bad Indy team(until Peyton, just in time for realignment). C'mon.

Sorry we're having this conversation in some of the darkest days of Fins history. Even still, we have 4 losing seasons in 37. But don't make me argue against the Steelers too much, since they were a liked team growing up.

As for wager, no. I NEVER bet against a home team with a strong home field on Monday night.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts