Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
From what I've gathered after doing a search about Trac Control on this site. Is that the only way to turn it off is to take out the fuse. However, by doing that the car will then start out in 2nd, however I don't know if it will start in 2nd when shifting manually.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided to take off the ABS fuse which also turns off the trac contrl...

MAN finally...burnouts...reverse doughnuts..and more... Now if only there was a way to wire it so that i can easily turn it off and on w/ out having to open the trunk and pull out the fuse and putting it back in on a rainy day...hmmmmmm

I also took it out for a quick joy ride and i noticed that my car likes to pull harder when cooler like tonight. Felt awsome mashing the throttle and feeling the Gs ahahaha Oh and don't worry guys i was the only one on the street...very wide highway type street..don't really know what to call it but it was a ghost town...anyway i also recorded my 0-60 time w/ the $140 dollor g-tech timer

how accurate do you think this is? My car is bone stock...

FASTEST TIMES
0-60 in 6.52 sec on a warm day
&
0-60 in 6.47 on a cold night

·
Registered
174 Posts
So all you did is take out the abs fuse and that disabled the Trac Control and you can still take off in 1st?? This fuse is in the trunk?

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Mikethegreeat said:
I decided to take off the ABS fuse which also turns off the trac contrl...

MAN finally...burnouts...reverse doughnuts..and more... Now if only there was a way to wire it so that i can easily turn it off and on w/ out having to open the trunk and pull out the fuse and putting it back in on a rainy day...hmmmmmm

I also took it out for a quick joy ride and i noticed that my car likes to pull harder when cooler like tonight. Felt awsome mashing the throttle and feeling the Gs ahahaha Oh and don't worry guys i was the only one on the street...very wide highway type street..don't really know what to call it but it was a ghost town...anyway i also recorded my 0-60 time w/ the $140 dollor g-tech timer

how accurate do you think this is? My car is bone stock...

FASTEST TIMES
0-60 in 6.52 sec on a warm day
&
0-60 in 6.47 on a cold night

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
To turn the traction control off on my 93 Allante, I have to go into the diagnostics mode and shut it down. Everything else will still work. Check the factory shop manual for your Caddy. It may be able to be shut down the same way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mikethegreeat said:
Anybody know how to turn off the Trac Control on a 1994 Cadillac STS?
Go in the trunk and pull the ABS fuse it will disable the ABS and it will start in fist gear..I have a 93 ETC and it works fine withou the fuse...I just posted it today, does 0-60 in 5.7 secs!!! quarter mile 14.1 according to my G-techPro.

·
Registered
174 Posts
nerisauto1 said:
Go in the trunk and pull the ABS fuse it will disable the ABS and it will start in fist gear..I have a 93 ETC and it works fine withou the fuse...I just posted it today, does 0-60 in 5.7 secs!!! quarter mile 14.1 according to my G-techPro.
Well, I saw this post and I said to myself "I have to try this!" Unfortunately it doesn't work in my 93 Eldorado Sport Coupe. It is 2nd gear starts, even with the shifter in low! That sucks!! :crying2:

I wonder if it depends on a certain combination of options... ETC and STS models only maybe? I did notice that it also gave me codes P157 and I032 when I did this. Any thoughts? :hmm:

·
Registered
174 Posts
El Dobro said:
Shut down the traction control through the onboard diagnostics and see what happens.
I'm willing to try that, but don't know the procedure. Can you tell me how? :hmm:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Here's how I shut it down in the Allante. I would imagine it's the same procedure in other Caddys. Go into diagnostics and dig through until you get to the "PCM override?" section. Go to PS24 which is Traction Control Disable. Hit the "warmer" button to disable it and then exit diagnostics. The traction control will stay off until you start the car 11 times, then it comes back on automatically. You can also go back into to diagnostics and turn it back on by hitting the "cooler" button. Doing it this way is the legit way and it won't affect any of the other functions.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks El Dobro! :worship: I will give it a try today and let you know if I am successful.

Not that I need to do this all the time, but I certainly like this method better than pulling the ABS fuse anyway! :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sweet, it works! :p I really feel a much stronger pull off the line. It doesn't smoke the tires, but it burns them pretty good for 20 ft. or so. With these brand new BFG Tracatiuon T/A's it really hooks up well. With my old tires I'm sure I would be smoking up a storm! ;)

Ran a couple of 0-60's at about 6.9 to 7.1 (according to my trusty stop-watch) Thanks again for the tip El Dobro!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok, I have a 96 STS, and obviously there is the trac control button in the glove box, but it makes you start in 2nd gear. Can I get into diagnostics in that year and model and disable it the same way as the 93???? Because, that would be great. I dont like the idea of pulling the ABS fuse, because in that big of a car, they can due some hairy stuff if you romp on the brakes when the car is in a turn or swerving...etc..

Brett

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You can try it, but I don't think it's the same set-up. My 98 has a button to shut it off in the center of the console because you can't go into diagnostics to shut it down anymore.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I tried the diagnostics controls and there is not a function to edit. Then I tried to pull the ABS fuse, didnt work, just started off in 2nd gear. Put the ABS fuse back in but the damn traction control service light came on so I had to reset the code storage in the ecu to get the light to shut off and give me 1st gear back. damn OBD-2 cars....

Brett

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I found out how to shut the traction control off in the Allante by reading the little code book that I keep in the glove box. Here in NJ they put the car up on rollers to check the emissions during inspection. If the inspectors were ok, I'd shut it off for then, but because they're a bunch of pr*cks, I tell them that it can't be shut down. They have to test it off the rollers then.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
El Dobro