Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my tps stops working on lon g trips and then stays off for a few days afterwards. Is it loose? Is there an easy way to fix it, or do I have to leave my whole car with the bone heads at my local Cadillac. I would even service my regular cts there.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
Re: TPS stops wroking on longs trips

if it was loose, I think you would lose pressure

I'd try the reprogram route first, then have the caddy dealer take a look

alternately, if you really think it's gone bad, then the tire must be dismounted, a new tps installed (quite easy) then reprogrammed. The dealer can do it or you can

New tps are around $40-$50 I think.

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they arent covered under warranty? Why not? These dont seem to be a wear item, theres nothing I could be doing to break them/extend their life. And, they are required for the car to properly work (comp mode). Are you saying I wont be able to get it covered under warranty? Maybe theyll give it to me so I can install it.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Redline
743 Posts
they arent covered under warranty? Why not? These dont seem to be a wear item, theres nothing I could be doing to break them/extend their life. And, they are required for the car to properly work (comp mode). Are you saying I wont be able to get it covered under warranty? Maybe theyll give it to me so I can install it.
They are covered by warranty, I have had two of mine replaced and need another one done now too.

It is doing the exact same thing that yours is, but is also not updating pressure in the tire in a timely fashion as well.:bigroll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts