Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2002 DTS - Just like (the late) Vito Spatafore's
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched but have been unable to find the procedure for resetting the TPMS sensors on a 2002 DTS. My owners manual says it requires a special tool and to "see your dealer for service". My Haynes manual also says nothing.

I understand it requires magnets, but I need to know what procedure is done first to set it up.

Is there a sticky for this?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,155 Posts
Simultaneously press the LOCK & UNLOCK buttons on the key fob til you hear the horn chirp. (Not positive, but I think you need the key on). Now go place a strong magnet by the LF tire valve. When the horn chirps, that wheel position is recognized and stored. Move to the RF and do the same. Then RR and LR in that order. The LR should give 2 chirps to acknowledge all 4. Now you can turn the key off. I think you have 5 min. to complete the procedure.

·
Registered
White 2002 Cadillac Deville, Cream color soft top
8 Posts
Heck yeah!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORKED ON MY 2002 Cadillac Deville Base Model, just took an old speaker and used the magnet on the back!! Worked Great!!!!

·
Registered
2007 Platinum
39 Posts
I had rotated my tires a while ago and did the procedure and it worked. I just rotated them again and this time the one RR will not chirp. I had tried to drive the car then perform the steps and still nothing
on RR. Is the battery dead in the sensor? I found an article how to change the batteries. Should I do try it or is it better to buy a new sensor? - 2002 DHS

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,464 Posts
All the TPMS sensor batteries in a 2002 are long overdue.

New sensors online, talk to Chris in parts at Rippy Cadillac over there >>>

or search through (Google) "biggdaddycaddy online ebay store".

Best bet: Get into the DIC feature programming and disable the whole mess, then use a good digital tire gauge to check pressures monthly.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,155 Posts
I wouldn't completely give up yet. Mine are rather finicky. Sometimes it takes several tries before I can get them to reset and I can almost never do it in cold weather. That said, they are nearing the end of their life span as Sub said.

·
Registered
2003 deville
604 Posts
I ended up using a ring magnet from an old flag like they use in funerals. A couple tires didn't want to cooperate but finally did

·
Registered
2007 Platinum
39 Posts
Ok thanks guys, I know now that when I replace the sensors it will all work. I just wanted to make
sure that replacing the sensors was what I needed to do. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts