Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than displaying the tire pressures, does the TPMS system provide any other value to how the truck runs? I can't get mine to reset so the DIC shows 0's on all the tires. Pretty sure 2 of my sensors are shot, so planning on waiting to replace until time for new tires.
 

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Huddy said:
Other than displaying the tire pressures, does the TPMS system provide any other value to how the truck runs? I can't get mine to reset so the DIC shows 0's on all the tires. Pretty sure 2 of my sensors are shot, so planning on waiting to replace until time for new tires.
no you're good, doesn't affect anything else
 

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Actually the front tires are showing pressures, but the rear ones show zeros. So will worry about it on my next tire purchase.
 

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
godsdiablo said:
Anyway to bypass the sensors? I hate the light on my dash
I don't get the yellow low pressure light, but get the DIC message "Service Tire Pressure System" when the truck starts up. Just clear it out.
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
godsdiablo said:
Anyway to bypass the sensors? I hate the light on my dash
Nope as it's built into the passenger door module
Remove it and you lose
Passenger window control
Keyless entry
The tire pressure monitoring system
Not sure if the passenger door module from a 03 would swap or not as I don't know if it's hardware or software

----------

godsdiablo said:
With a regular scan tool or the one at the dealer
Press the enter button on the dic controls on the wheel to clear any messages in the dic
I do it when the service air bag message comes up on my 03(far right bottom button)
 

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the cadillac man said:
Press the enter button on the dic controls on the wheel to clear any messages in the dic I do it when the service air bag message comes up on my 03(far right bottom button)
^yes that is what I meant by clearing it. Glad I don't have the yellow low pressure warning symbol on the dash. That would annoy.
 

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
That doesn't fix the light lol I wish these trucks had the obd built in like my 01 Deville u held climate up and another and you got into a hidden menu
 

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
godsdiablo said:
Which wire is that
He means to put a piece of black electrical tape over the light on your dash, so it covers it. Ha. Not very technical but just as effective. We did that when I was in the Navy to cover up aircraft internal lights when flying on NVGs.
 

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Lol I get it now but I'm sure if you look at the schematic there's a wire you can cut or pull the cluster and Pop the bulb out which seems like the best option right now
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
godsdiablo said:
Lol I get it now but I'm sure if you look at the schematic there's a wire you can cut or pull the cluster and Pop the bulb out which seems like the best option right now
Hate to be a bubble buster but the dash lights for those as led
Hence why I mentioned covering it with tape till you can get it fixed
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top