Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
None
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the "over inflate and deflate" method be used to relearn the position of the tires?

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
Can the "over inflate and deflate" method be used to relearn the position of the tires?
That works on my '10, provided you do it in order - clockwise starting from the driver's side front and waiting for the horn with each tire.

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,087 Posts
Just went through that exercise this morning changing winter wheels to summer.

1. Turn ignition to run, don't start. With remote push lock and unlock buttons together till horn beeps. Dash readout will show TMPS program open.

2. As garfin says go in sequence, LF,RF, RR, LR.

3. Let air out for 10 seconds and stop. Wait up to 30 seconds for horn to beep once. When you finish with the LR the horn will beep twice. Turn off the ignition and add air if necessary.

·
Registered
None
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
elphil said:
Just went through that exercise this morning changing winter wheels to summer.

1. Turn ignition to run, don't start. With remote push lock and unlock buttons together till horn beeps. Dash readout will show TMPS program open.

2. As garfin says go in sequence, LF,RF, RR, LR.

3. Let air out for 10 seconds and stop. Wait up to 30 seconds for horn to beep once. When you finish with the LR the horn will beep twice. Turn off the ignition and add air if necessary.
Thanks. I wish the owner's manual had this info.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
Why? And eliminate the possibility of having to seek assistance from your qualified dealer service department??? ;)

·
Registered
2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
696 Posts
What a pain in the ass. In gonna see if those guys at Americas Tire will do this for me.

·
Registered
None
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
baabootoo said:
Yes it is.
I have a 2012 and the manual only says to go to the dealer so that they can use the special relearn tool. I found out about this method from doing a web search.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
I have a 2012 and the manual only says to go to the dealer so that they can use the special relearn tool. I found out about this method from doing a web search.
When I put the winter tires on this past fall, my tire place used the relearn tool on both the V and the SRX. It worked fine on the SRX, but I had to do the clockwise sequence of adding air to each of the tires for the system to relearn sensors on the V. Couldn't figure that one out...

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Sorry then. What a rip; unless it's free!

·
Registered
'13 V
379 Posts
I guess they removed it from the owner's manual. I could've sworn my 2011 V had this procedure clearly outlined there because I remember doing it and thinking how much of a pain in the ass it was!

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
This was removed from the manual after 2010 or 2011. All CTSs after that have to use the relearn tool. I found this out the hard way when I changed from summer wheel/tire set to my winter wheel/tire set shortly after delivery of my '13 V. I had to break down and buy a relearn tool. The deflate method worked fine on my '09 V.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts