Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did some searching and i could not find anything on this.. i am going to get my sensors installed but how do i know what sensor goes to what wheel? when they installed my 18's they just put in regular valves

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
i did some searching and i could not find anything on this.. i am going to get my sensors installed but how do i know what sensor goes to what wheel? when they installed my 18's they just put in regular valves
i think this will help. not sure but i think it doesnt matter what sensor goes where u just have to reprogram? someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/tprepro.html

·
Registered
05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade
1,059 Posts
Yea its alot of Fun too!! I had my Tires Rotated, and didnt realize that the Fronts are now the Rears, and Rear, are Fronts... Just an FYI!!!

Where's my Chicanes?? ;)

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
It does not matter what sensor goes were. All you have to do is program them once they are on the car.

·
The Last Good Gremlin
06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
2,654 Posts
It does not matter what sensor goes were. All you have to do is program them once they are on the car.
Unless you have TPMS on both your Summer and Winter wheels. I just changed mine over today and my fronts and rears are swapped, too.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
You can program them any time you want. Lots of places forget to do it after rotations or don't know.
The sensors are not location specific, you just have to program them once they are in place.

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
10 months and still forgetting FAQ?? :nono:
thanks tbjs.. the FAQ doesn't say anything about what sensor goes where.

turns out discount has a machine that will reprogram them to the correct position.

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea its alot of Fun too!! I had my Tires Rotated, and didnt realize that the Fronts are now the Rears, and Rear, are Fronts... Just an FYI!!!

Where's my Chicanes?? ;)
hey man! they have every color in stock in your size. retail is $129 and i can get them to you for $100. let me know what you want and ill get them to you asap

derek

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm...

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Unless you have TPMS on both your Summer and Winter wheels. I just changed mine over today and my fronts and rears are swapped, too.
As it has been stated, the sensors are not location specific. Once they are programed to the car they will remember their address, hence your fronts are now rears and vise versa, but you can simply reprogram them in your driveway in about 10 minutes. No special tools, no programers, just follow the faq's!!! Its very simple!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
A chicane is an artificial feature creating extra turns in a roadway, used in motor racing and on city streets to slow cars. On modern raceways, chicanes are usually located after long straightaways, making them a prime location for overtaking. ???? what exactly are you selling?

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A chicane is an artificial feature creating extra turns in a roadway, used in motor racing and on city streets to slow cars. On modern raceways, chicanes are usually located after long straightaways, making them a prime location for overtaking. ???? what exactly are you selling?
driving shoes :sneaky:

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
but the rest of those sneakers look fetching. are they meant for driving with solid heels and extra bracing for heel and toe? that would be swell for driving on the track.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts