Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'08 CTS - 3.6 L
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 CTS. I have a tire pressure warning light but only intermittently..

As the car is 12 years old, I swapped out all four of the TPMS sensors and replaced them with new OE TPMS sensors.
After changing all four, when I drive the car for @ 20 miles at speeds @ 60 mph or higher, the TPMS light comes on again.
When I check the DIC for tire pressure in each tire. the left front (driver side) tire monitor show "-- --".
If the tires are allowed to cool for a short period, the TPMS light goes out and the all four TPMS tire pressures display.
I do not get a warning light if driving locally (i.e. less than 20 miles per trip and less than 60 mph).

Any forum readers have an idea of what is wrong with the one wheel TPMS sensor?

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
657 Posts
Bad sensor or probably needs a re program. Maybe lost the signal. Happened to my 06 Corvette, just one went bad. Luckily my 06 V hasn’t had that problem.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
7,757 Posts
Usually when you get "---" on the DIC, it is indicative of a bum sensor.
As Jakerin suggests, first attempt a reprogram. If no love there, the sensor is probably defective.

You mentioned OE sensors were purchased. Where from?

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
1,944 Posts
This brings to the surface the importance of knowing how old the new sensors are. Can anyone tell the difference between a new 10 yr old sensor and a new sensor fresh from the factory upon removal from the packaging? It's a real disservice that the batteries can't be replaced at tire changes to avoid this nonsense. That sensor is probably bad, especially if you rotate the tires and get the same reading in the new location. The pressure isn't too high is it?

·
Registered
'08 CTS - 3.6 L
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed the tire pressure was higher than normal both on the DIC and when I checked with the gauge. I let air out of the tire and left 33 psi in all four. The TPMS is working again. I surmise though that when I travel beyond 20 miles on a highway with speeds @ 60 mph the problem will recur, but that remains to be seen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts