Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had tires rotated and rebalanced and now keep getting no reading from left front. I work at a powersports dealer and have access to a scanner and all monitors are working and batterys show good. Relearn and all is good for about 12 - 15 miles then light comes back on. Did notice that the last time I did the relearn the left front showed 36psi on scanner but 44 psi on dash. Don't want to replace if not needed.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I would replace the sensor. Could be something coming loose in the sensor, battery. 2010 with original sensors, 10 years is around time to change. Would not be suprised if they all dont start causing problems. Stick with oem, stay away from china. Made in usa or mexico.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,558 Posts
And change them all at the same time with quality products, not Amazon or Chinesium knockoffs.

Reactions: 10 CTS4

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
13,458 Posts
The sensor is flaking out on its way to death.
The others are probably not far behind.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
2,141 Posts
Yup to the above comments. It could be that the handling knocked something but that's rather unlikely. Of course, none of us know how old these sensors are but what the OP describes is typical of these sensors' slow march to eternal silence.

·
Registered
Magoo—2012 Cadillac CTS Luxury, Opulent Blue, plus many more, see signature.
400 Posts
When I first got Magoo, her sensors wer old and one was failing. Sometimes the one was dead, reading "--" in the DIC and a flashing TPMS light. When it "worked," it was a random number generator. Sometimes reading correct +/- 5psi, sometimes reading very weird pressures. I got a 99psi once for the high score, and saw 0psi a few times as well. I had to do the relearn to find out which sensor it was, and after the relearn, it was on the right rear wheel, a drive wheel. Magoo is RWD, not 4WD, and 0psi on the rear would trip "reduced power mode," which was annoying at times, and downright dangerous if you're pulling out from a stop sign onto a rural 4 lane divided highway where the speed limit is 65mph. While awaiting sensors and tires, I did another relearn and put the flakey sensor in a "front" position.

But enough stories, I agree with the others. I see 4 new TPMS sensors in your future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts