Cadillac Owners Forum banner

TPM Confusion Lazy Question

954 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  oemtech 
I should have been concerned when they ordered the same size tire for all four wheels. After that was sorted out I got the rubber and the alignment and drove away a bit poorer, but happy.

Now, a month later and it's getting hotter, so I figured I'd go over the car, checkk fluids and stuff and tune in the tire inflations back to factory spec. And that's when after a bit of head scratching (a very little bit) I discovered that the right front TPM is reporting to the left on-screen indicator and the left front TPM is reporting to the right on-screen indicator.

I believe that this is addressable from the driver's seat, but I don't remember how to do it. Can someone please spare me the research and point me in the right (or left) direction? Thanks in advance.
I hate that, every time I get my tires replaced or even rotated they forget to do that step even if I remind them.

I bought the re-learn tool because I, too, was tired (pun intended) of the dealer forgetting to relearn after a rotation. PS: I refuse to go to any dealer anymore for service. I use a local, highly qualified and recommended mechanic.
I'm done with the dealer too. My car is out of warranty now so I'll just go to a place that only does oil changes to get the oil changed. Oh, that reminds me, the last time I went to the dealer they somehow managed to scratch the hell out of the paint on the roof. Don't know if it was the car wash or that magnet thing they put on top but the damage is already done now. The less someone other than me touches my car the nicer it stays.

I don't give a $#@! about tire rotation. I'll buy tires if they wear out, I always seem to have to buy 4 at a time anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.