Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.toyota.com/recall/videos/stoppingprocedure.html

Anyone who seriously needs to watch this video to know what to do needs to have their license ripped to shreds.

I also love how she says if you are not currently experiencing and issues that Toyota is completely confident the car is safe to drive... you know, except for the part where it may develop accelerator issues. Incredible stupidity from Toyota there.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Crash them into a tree? BAAAD -- I'm mean ;-P

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Amazing. Do you really think that anyone driving a Toyota has the muscle to steer and stop that car without power assist to those systems?

Turning the engine off, for most drivers, is about the most idiotic thing you could do. And I'm sure that in a panic situation people are going to stop the key at the ACC position and never lock the steering wheel.

But hey, we're confident these cars are safe to drive.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
While it's highly unlikely your car will accelerate out of control, we felt it was necessary to post a video showing you how to handle it if it does......though it's VERY unlikely you'll need this info.....because we're convinced your vehicle is totally safe to drive......unless your accelerator feels sticky....in which case you should park the vehicle right away in a safe area and call a dealer. :sheesh:

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Surely the wheel won't lock if the gear shift isn't in park....?

Why don't these fools just pull the emergency brake, or put the trans in Park? Or are both of those electronic, and prevent you from doing so?

I'd pull a "Beast" like Jerry Seinfeld, and leave it down in 'da hood w/the keys in the front seat....................

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,957 Posts
Amazing. Do you really think that anyone driving a Toyota has the muscle to steer and stop that car without power assist to those systems?

Turning the engine off, for most drivers, is about the most idiotic thing you could do. And I'm sure that in a panic situation people are going to stop the key at the ACC position and never lock the steering wheel.

But hey, we're confident these cars are safe to drive.
Nearly anybody can safely steer and stop a car after the engine dies. Concentrate on the steering and let the car coast to a stop. No big deal.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I like the option above the messsage window: "Build Your Own Toyota" ..... not likely!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Am I the only one turned on by this video? A beautiful women talking about Toyotas failing. :lol: :quagmire:

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
There's so much fail here, except for the nice looking 30something woman. The only part that would be confusing is how to actually turn the engine off, which like a laptop computer requires you to press and hold the stop button rather than just tapping it.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
" N is for Neutral!" :D :lol:

I always thought Toyota owners by and large weren't car people, but this really proves it!

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Toyota owners are largely in the same demographic as your grandparents buying a computer.

They don't really want one. They don't want to need one. They don't know how to use one, but they figure they have to because everyone else has one. They're scared to use it, and will break it at the first possible opportunity. Then they won't know what to do when it fails.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Sounds like most girls that use Sybians. :lol:

·
Registered
1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours
1,227 Posts
^ Sort of like a teenager with a condom, if you think about it.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
If you need explicit video instructions on how to turn your car off, you really ought to turn in your licence.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts