Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run these on a 09+ CTS-V Sedan? Were there any fitment issues? Trying to decide on a 20" tire that won't spin too bad but i'm hoping someone else has tried this and determined if it works or not before I buy a set.

·
Registered
CTS-V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for this set of wheels/tires, spirited daily driving on the street
for the drag strip i will do the 18/17 weld rts setup with drag radials. but im wondering about the R888 for daily trim. I've had good luck with the R888 on other cars i've owned.

·
Registered
CTS-V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I second the noise, not very pleasant for highway driving.
I would be willing to accept some road noise in exchange for traction from a dig.

They will rub and be noisy.
Will they rub on the inside? or the outside? Would rolling the fenders make enough room? or are you saying even with rolled fenders it would still rub?

what about the same tire in 285/35ZR20?

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
I've run 888's on my V1 for road track duty only. So my input is a bit out of place on sizing, but should apply to noise, traction, etc. Did I mention tire wear ? :)

·
Registered
CTS-V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've run 888's on my V1 for road track duty only. So my input is a bit out of place on sizing, but should apply to noise, traction, etc. Did I mention tire wear ? :)
Ah, ok. I appreciate the input.
I have run this tire on other cars i've owned before, im really more concerned with the fitment, rubbing, etc

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Sedan
567 Posts
I would be willing to accept some road noise in exchange for traction from a dig.

Will they rub on the inside? or the outside? Would rolling the fenders make enough room? or are you saying even with rolled fenders it would still rub?

what about the same tire in 285/35ZR20?
They will rub on the fenders for sure and I don't think rolling would help enough for that size. That is my opinion only of course, but it's at least reasonably educated.

·
Registered
CTS-V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They will rub on the fenders for sure and I don't think rolling would help enough for that size. That is my opinion only of course, but it's at least reasonably educated.
in your opinion, do you think the 285/35ZR20 R888 would rub?

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Sedan
567 Posts
in your opinion, do you think the 285/35ZR20 R888 would rub?
No I don't think they would. Remember too, your wheel offset can play a role in things. I widened an OEM front wheel by about 2 inches to run on the rear with a 305/30/19 with no problem rubbing on the outside, but I rubbed a teeny bit on the inside until a few "adjustments" were made. A 285 should be no problem at all with a proper offset though.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)
710 Posts
I could never run R888's for daily driving. They have to be the noisiest tire I have ever heard! For road racing they are a very good tire IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts