Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
875 Posts
It's the w/e. You planning another boating day?

·
Registered
XT5
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Working on preparing to install the power winch on the trailer. The winch comes with 25' of #6 and Car Toys will run and secure the leads under the car. Lots of moving parts under there and I'd like the lead tied at multiple points so that it doesn't chaff. They'll leave the +lead by the battery where I will run it up the side and add it to the 100 amp for the engine fan. I got a couple 100 amp MIDI fuses from Blue Seas which I bagged with a little 10 mm socket in the glove box. I'll get a cooling system warning if a short has ever rendered my winch non-operational. The other ends of the leads get an Anderson connector loose at the hitch with their mate available on the trailer side. The Amazon robot has failed to pack my 60# winch adequately twice and now it is coming by USPS. 3500# boat with a bunk (carpeted) trailer has me wading pretty deep to retrieve with reasonable effort. The plan is to barely put the trailer in the water and rely upon the winch. Potholes Mar-Don was pretty good. Turns out Crescent Bar is not so boater friendly since the PUD took it over.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts