Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade Premium
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, last year about January I lowered my truck with belltech lowering kit street performance 751sp and I love it, only wish I had gone another inch:) anyways last night getting ready to go to the lake, hooked my buddies wakeboard boat on the back and instantly went down to the bump stops, are there any helper bags or airbags that'll work with a 7000 lb load? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2010 ESV Platinum WDT
189 Posts
You just need an assisting bag in the spring. I'm assuming your have eliminated the oem air shocks? Otherwise the system would have accounted for the boat. I lug a 9300lb Chapparal wakeboat without issue lowered on beltech with no helper springs. Initial hookup generates sag, but compressor comes on and rights it.

Helper springs like these should set you straight: http://www.suspensionconnection.com/60769-escalade-air-spring.html

I ran these exact ones on my lowered 05 Denali to assist with the same boat.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade Premium
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, emay, I think I'll go that route then, this morning I was checking around and called summit racing and asked about a kit like that and he said that with lowering a truck, it reduces your towing by 90%!!!!!! He said the only way I can fix it is by putting a complete airbag kit in the back, I think I will go with your advice and try the helper bags, yes, I eliminated the air shocks, didn't know any better:(

·
Registered
2010 ESV Platinum WDT
189 Posts
That summit guy is off base. You can tug very well With a dropped truck. If you haven't thought about it, anti sway bar upgrade will go a long way with pulling too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts