Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
XTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had an experience with snow and ice conditions that caused me to get stuck. Fortunately I was able to get myself out. My question is where would you attach a cable or towing strap if you needed to have someone pull you out of a ditch?

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
On the front and rear bumpers you will see a square plug/cover. If you pop the plug out, there is a threaded hole, this hole will except a recovery hook or eyelet bolt. The car does not come with one for some reason(My wifes beetles did), I'm going to order one when I'm at the dealer next time.

·
Registered
XTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you--I have been doing some research and find this to be somewhat of an old problem that seems to have been discussed a few times in the past. If anyone has purchased one of these eyebolts and has a part number for a 2014 XTS---please pass it on.

·
Registered
2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
325 Posts
acpantera said:
On the front and rear bumpers you will see a square plug/cover. If you pop the plug out, there is a threaded hole, this hole will except a recovery hook or eyelet bolt. The car does not come with one for some reason(My wifes beetles did), I'm going to order one when I'm at the dealer next time.
Pop off the cover and make sure you have a threaded hole before you order. I read on other threads there is nothing there.

·
Registered
XTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spent some time with the dealer addressing this question----we popped off the XTS bumper covers and there is nothing there---no hole to accommodate a towing eye. Apparently the CTS has these but the XTS does not. Bottom line ----due to the very low front XTS facia, If you need to be towed, it is highly likely you will suffer some collateral damage if the tow operator is not extremely careful. There just is no good way to hook this car up for towing!

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
DANG IT! At least I'll have a rear hook point, I'm going to install a hitch when the weather inproves.

·
Registered
2014 XTS-4 Vsport Premium
74 Posts
This makes no sense at all. How can GM engineers not build the abilty to tow a vehicle. Espcially A $60k PLUS VEHILCE. We have to be missing something here. ????

·
Registered
2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
325 Posts
CliffMac said:
I spent some time with the dealer addressing this question----we popped off the XTS bumper covers and there is nothing there---no hole to accommodate a towing eye. Apparently the CTS has these but the XTS does not. Bottom line ----due to the very low front XTS facia, If you need to be towed, it is highly likely you will suffer some collateral damage if the tow operator is not extremely careful. There just is no good way to hook this car up for towing!
No the CTS does not have it either (owned CTS and coupe before XTS), that is why I advised to check before buying. Apparently for overseas sales, they are required and are tapped and supplied with a tow eye with new car deliveries.

·
Registered
XTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agree this makes no sense---but if we are missing something what is it----If any of the GM folks are listening---HELP!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts