Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
Try it, it may work out for you, cant hurt...i pick and choose the usage even while towing my boat..if the road is flat i don't use it, i need the overdrive to save fuel

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
wesyder said:
Try it, it may work out for you, cant hurt...i pick and choose the usage even while towing my boat..if the road is flat i don't use it, i need the overdrive to save fuel
Same here I don't even use it if I don't have a load in the trailer that needs it(some light loads)

Lately I hauled a projection tv in the back and didn't use it(though at times I think I should have) the overdrive really helps in the mpg when towing or hauling on flat roads

·
Registered
ESCALADE ESV PLATINUM
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your input guys.I use it when I tow my caprice.just wondering if it could going up steep hills or down steep hills because braking or gearing or what ever it does. this is the first awd i have ever had

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
It delays the shifting to make towing heavier loads easier as it keeps the engine in the power band more then it would with it off

If you are towing your car a lot I recommend using the tow/haul mode and it will help(I speak from experience)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts