Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences in the touring edition for the 90-93 models? As far as I know it was paint and a bigger sway bar (I think). What about the struts/springs? It looks to me like they're 2 different part #'s, and I wondered if anyone knew anymore.
Thanks,
D.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I am not sure on ALL of them...but here are a few:

touring had a few more standard options (traction control etc...)
stiffer springs
bigger sway bar in front, and I think one in back too
quicker ratio steering
better FDR (2.93 vs. 2.73) <---- I would like to change the FDR in my car to that of the touring (or even from a later Seville/Eldo/DeVille with the 4T60E....better acceleration)
few other performance things......

....I would like to find a wrecked one and take thigns like the sway bar and stuff, but i would really like to swap my FDR out... I heard that is very hard to do on an auto FWD tranny though.....

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
yeah i've been wanting to make my Coupe into a touring coupe but i maybe getting a real Deville Touring coupe, either 86 or 87 since my car needs so much little work. Iam not sure if the spings are stiffer or not, but i know bigger sway bars, one color pant, crest on the grill insted of the hood and a few other things. The 86 87 touring coupes even have a factory rear spoiler, the 90s dont.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
the Touring Coupe wasn't around in the 80's it came out in '92...... are you thinking of the Eldo?

yeah, my car has one color paint too.... I forgot to mention the grille/hood ornament..... I personally like it on the hood.... points me in the right direction :D

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I believe they also had perforated seats!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
They didnt make touring coupes in 92, only sedans that i know of. But in 86 and 87 they had a touring package for both the Deville coupe and sedan. I'll try to find the site that i found a little info on them at when i get home from work.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
yeah, '92 and ;93 was the Coupe, Sedan or Touring Sedan.... AFAIK, there were none before that....

... I like the Coupe, but if I wanted the 4 door model, I woudl skip over the Sedan and go for the Touring Sedan.

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
The 91-93 Touring Sedans had "Speed Sensitive Suspension specifically tuned for the Deville Touring Sedan."

There were the bigger sways, as mentioned, and spring rates increased from 20 to 26 N/mm in the front, and 36 - 43 N/mm in the rear.

That increased final drive ratio really helps performance too. Cadillac rates 0-60 in 9.1s, but I have an old Car and Driver article getting 0-60 in 7.4s.

It didn't have perforated seats, that was the Spring Edition. It did have a different interior from the regular Devilles in 92 and 93 though.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
yeah thats the site. I've never seen a 92 93 deville touring coupe though.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Andrew60SP said:
The 91-93 Touring Sedans had "Speed Sensitive Suspension specifically tuned for the Deville Touring Sedan."

There were the bigger sways, as mentioned, and spring rates increased from 20 to 26 N/mm in the front, and 36 - 43 N/mm in the rear.

That increased final drive ratio really helps performance too. Cadillac rates 0-60 in 9.1s, but I have an old Car and Driver article getting 0-60 in 7.4s.

It didn't have perforated seats, that was the Spring Edition. It did have a different interior from the regular Devilles in 92 and 93 though.
my car has speed sensitive suspension and speed sensitive steering stock...

I thought Cadillac rated the regular 0-60 time around 8.5s?

C&D got 7.4 :eek: that is like.....really fast....especally for a 4.9..... could you send me a copy of that?

I didn't think the 2.73 vs. 2.93 would help TOO much, but i guess it does..... I want to find out if it is simple to keep my tranny, but just swap the FDR... I would probally have a shop do it, but I wonder how much it would cost.....

I ran a 16.0 @ 83mph over the summer, real bad launch, almost full tank of gas, everything including spare tire and jack out of trunk, only mods were K&N drop in air filter and a bottle of octane booster...

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
Night Wolf said:
C&D got 7.4 :eek: that is like.....really fast....especally for a 4.9..... could you send me a copy of that?
I'll try to scan a copy of it, once I find it. It's a one page article.

I didn't think the 2.73 vs. 2.93 would help TOO much, but i guess it does..... I want to find out if it is simple to keep my tranny, but just swap the FDR... I would probally have a shop do it, but I wonder how much it would cost.....
The stiffer suspension might be helping the launch too, so it might not all be in the fdr.

I ran a 16.0 @ 83mph over the summer, real bad launch, almost full tank of gas, everything including spare tire and jack out of trunk, only mods were K&N drop in air filter and a bottle of octane booster...
That's a pretty respectable time. What was your 60' ?

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
my 60' was 2.311

like I said though, I messed the launch up real bad.... the first time (my best time, and these numbers) I kept it in D, and went about 1/2 throttle until 15mph then hammered it..... what I did not realize was, the track has high grip compound on the gorund, (on normal pavement if I run WOT from a stop I'll spin both tires) the second time I put the shifter in 2, and once she shifted into 2nd, I bumped it into D, I thought I just hammered it form a stop, but it was more like semi-fast goinng 2/3 down, then putting it to the floor.... in the spring, once I get the car back on the road (first has to come off...heh...) and to the tune up and get the computer chip, I'll practice launching the car....

16.0 is respectable? I wasn't thinking highly of it.... it seems like most cars today are running 15's, and the 16's just makes me fster then your regualr family sedan, although it does feel quick.....

.... I went with the Grand Am Ownrers Club, and according to the time, I am about even with a '99+ Grand Am GT (highest trim) with the 3400V6, 175hp and 205tourqe, while my car is only 300 lbs more then the GA, the GA does have much more sportier gearing to get the power ot the road...but the new GA was running about a 16.0 aswell....

...although while my 16.0 was at 83mph the GA was doing 16.0 at 85-87mph.... so that tells me that my car has much better off the line acceleration (which makes sense with the high tourqe V8) then the GA, and thiswas my first time, bad launch vs. some experienced drivers.....

my quickest 1/8 was 10.226 @ 67.7mph...

...next year when I go up, I'll be ready, I'll have the tuneup/computer chip done, much better driving skills, GOOD tires (not cheap made in China crap) and stuff, so it'll be fun....

my car is crazy in 1st... until 45mph.... it is really good in 2nd.... until 80mph or so, but once she hit's 3rd (a direct 1:1 IIRC) things slow down alot..... proablly due to the laid back FDR....

·
Registered
2008 STS-V & 1962 Coupe Deville
548 Posts
I had my 1991 Eldorado Touring Coupe(see pics) and ran it up at NE Dragway and it ran a 15.9 in the 1/4 mi, exhaust helped alot.

·
Registered
290 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts