Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CTS
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed some touchup paint and wrote to Cadillac and gave them my VIN. They said that I need GBA - BLACK RAVEN.
I can't find that anywhere online. I wrote back and asked for a GM part number, but haven't heard back yet. I am guess that there is more to it that just GBA-BLACK RAVEN.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6L AWD Premium
84 Posts
I needed some touchup paint and wrote to Cadillac and gave them my VIN. They said that I need GBA - BLACK RAVEN.
I can't find that anywhere online. I wrote back and asked for a GM part number, but haven't heard back yet. I am guess that there is more to it that just GBA-BLACK RAVEN.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Go to your local Cadillac dealer and give them the last eight digits of your VIN number and they will be able to identify the paint color and supply it if they have it in stock.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
About the only thing good about black is all blacks are the same do you don't need a particular brand. I purchased a MOLOTOW one for all black acrylic paint pen. It has a very fine point which gives you more control and good coverage. I bought this on Amazon for under $10. The gloss matches the clear coat finish and once dry is permanent

·
Registered
2015 CTS4
47 Posts
About the only thing good about black is all blacks are the same do you don't need a particular brand. I purchased a MOLOTOW one for all black acrylic paint pen. It has a very fine point which gives you more control and good coverage. I bought this on Amazon for under $10. The gloss matches the clear coat finish and once dry is permanent
Blacks are not all the same and I can attest having had a 93LE Miata. You may have gotten lucky. Find the correct paint code and order that from any reputable source

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Black is the absence of all color. If you have metallic black that of course would be different. I agree any other color touch up should be a factory matched color. I’m on my fourth black car and have not had any problems.
Sometimes the way the touch up is applied or the light that may give a different appearance.

·
Registered
2015 CTS4
47 Posts
Black is the absence of all color. If you have metallic black that of course would be different. I agree any other color touch up should be a factory matched color. I’m on my fourth black car and have not had any problems.
Sometimes the way the touch up is applied or the light that may give a different appearance.
Not to be picky, but black is the presence of all color. White is the absence of all color. :yup:

·
Registered
2014 CTS Premium
34 Posts
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Go to Bumper to Bumper. They can make up an aerosol can which matches the exact colour much better than the dealers small touch up options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts