Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac cts 07
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw somebody here at the forums talkin about this and i got lil interested and my questions are is this cover under warranty so i can get it done for free? i have a black cts 07 and i hate all the scratches i see all over the car with the sun no body did those scratches they are like circles and really really really thin a lil hard to explain.

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts
Are these deep scratches or swirl marks.....? I bought a touch up paint pen to remove a few deep dings/scratches I had. Bought it at the dealership for 12.50 to match my exact paint. I believe swirl marks can be removed but Im not sure how. Maybe someone can chime in...

·
Registered
Cadillac cts 07
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there not deep scratches.......i already took it to the car wash to have it wax and there was just a lil bit of difference and a week later same thing again......so my question still remains is touch up paint under warranty would they do it for free?

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts
I dont think its the dealers fault that there's swirls in your paint, unless you bought the car like that. Maybe its the way you wash the car. You do take it to the car wash right(as you mentioned above)? Maybe they are swirling and scratching your paint. There's an art to washing black cars :alchi:

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
You must go to a detail shop and have them "cut and buff" your car. Wet sand and machine buff the car. Swirl marks are most likely from some failed attempt to buff a previous wax job. Its $$$ to have it done for you, however the results are you'll be able to shave in the refelection!

·
Registered
Cadillac cts 07
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You must go to a detail shop and have them "cut and buff" your car. Wet sand and machine buff the car. Swirl marks are most likely from some failed attempt to buff a previous wax job. Its $$$ to have it done for you, however the results are you'll be able to shave in the refelection!

yeap dats what i did i pay $120 and it look good at the car wash one week later same thing again like i said.....so what does touch up paint does? i wonder if it would work for me i wish i could have the car re-paint it so it looks like brand new.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
yeap dats what i did i pay $120 and it look good at the car wash one week later same thing again like i said.....so what does touch up paint does? i wonder if it would work for me i wish i could have the car re-paint it so it looks like brand new.
Two weeks later (after additional $$), we would all be complaining about new chips.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Touch up paint will not solve swirls in the paint, it will only hide deep scraches that are not long ( and it doesn't work that well to begin with) Repaint is your only option if in fact you say you had the Cut and buff done and it did no good.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS
9 Posts
Hey You've got swirl marks ...probably from whoever you took it to not taking the time to do a good job detailing your car. My advice is to read up on the link below it's a great informational site on auto detailing ....I think it might be sponsered by Sonus so try to ignore them shamelessly plugging their products ...besides that the info is dead on and really in depth.

To get rid of the swirls I would get some swirl mark remover ( 3m is real good ) or a clay bar kit and follow the directions...follow that up with a good polish and then a nice synthetic wax.

Then stop taking your car to the car wash and pick up some good quality micro fiber to avoid putting the scratches back in.

It's a lot of work but it pays off and I speak from experience my black raven CTS shines with the best of them but not without a lot of sweat.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
umm sure, i can get clear coat swirls out

but it takes time, and if don't want to take time then it costs money cause its a lot of OTHER peoples time

look around at instructions, there are plenty of sites that have full write ups.
such as
http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=15

but i am betting you have minor swirl marks which can often be taken care of by a swirl remover such as those provided by maguires.

·
Registered
Cadillac
156 Posts
You can buy "scratch x" made by Meguiars which removes fine scratches and swirls. I actually just bought it from my trip to Detroit this weekend and tried it out today and it works sick.
You just apply it by hand and wipe off with a microfiber cloth, real easy.
It works like a filler and removes visible scratches and swirls.
If u live in the states u can pretty much buy it anywhere but i live in canada and we have sh*t when it comes to car products.

Anyways, i also used Meguiars tech wax right after and man my ride is so damn shiny right now.

I bought so many Meguiars products this weekend cause being at Mejers in the car detail section was like heaven to me lol.
Thanks to guys in this forum to refering me to Meguiars.
The products are a bit more expensive than ur average detail product but its worth it. Save the cheap products for when u have a Ford or Honda.

You drive a Cadillac, ur car deserves it!

wow i sound like im a salesman for Meguairs. haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts