Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
the touch screen on my 2008 STS has gone out of calibration a few times in the past year. It usually fixes itself within a few days but keeps the interface half INOP in that time.
Sometimes it is the top of the screen that produces touches lower, sometimes it is the bottom that produces touches higher.
Is there a touch recalibration routine one can trigger (hopefully not from the touch screen)? Every good touch device has one. Did Chevy build one in? I cannot find anything in the menus.

(Yes, I searched for "touch screen" here but did not come up with any answers beside "pay big bucks for a new display")

Thank you in advance.
L

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
293 Posts
Howdy,
the touch screen on my 2008 STS has gone out of calibration a few times in the past year. It usually fixes itself within a few days but keeps the interface half INOP in that time.
Sometimes it is the top of the screen that produces touches lower, sometimes it is the bottom that produces touches higher.
Is there a touch recalibration routine one can trigger (hopefully not from the touch screen)? Every good touch device has one. Did Chevy build one in? I cannot find anything in the menus.

(Yes, I searched for "touch screen" here but did not come up with any answers beside "pay big bucks for a new display")

Thank you in advance.
L
Yes there is a calibration built into the screen. Have not done it in over a year but under config at the correct screen and touch the corners. I will look and get more info for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
2008 STS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is a calibration built into the screen. Have not done it in over a year but under config at the correct screen and touch the corners. I will look and get more info for you tomorrow.
Thank you, sir, that would be greatly appreciated.

(I looked through the menu briefly but did not find the recalibration, plus I could not tap on every button either)

·
Registered
2008 STS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diag code 3657
just be careful!
I do not understand. What does that mean?
Please elaborate.

FWIW, I went through the few configuration menus this morning but did not find anything pertaining to screen recalibration.
And Google isn't helpful either.

·
Registered
29 Posts

use code 3657

·
Registered
2008 STS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: the recalibration procedure worked, thank you very much. (took me a while to get to it)
Is there a simple long-term solution to this? Or will I eventually need a new screen?
Thanks again for the help, this forum is full of great information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts