Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been planning on installing a touch screen radio for my 05 CTS. Anyone know any good ones that would fit it?

·
Registered
Sold my 03 CTS and went rally car style!
457 Posts
I have this JVC-V20BT that I installed last year. I bought the dash kit and everything from crutchfield.com

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,339 Posts
any of the double DIN units will fit in the dash kit TheBrown57 used above. JVC, pioneer, kenwood alpine, etc...all make great units. it comes down to personal preference in the end. oh, and cost is a huge factor too

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TheBrown57 said:
I have this JVC-V20BT that I installed last year. I bought the dash kit and everything from crutchfield.com
Can you still have access to the volume controls on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,339 Posts
you will lose the function of the rotary volume, I have never seen that functional after you remove the stock unit. pretty sure you can still use the 4 buttons with the help of a steering wheel adapter, but not 100% sure. you can always call crutchfield and ask them

·
Registered
457 Posts
Can you still have access to the volume controls on the steering wheel?
The volume wheel does not work anymore and it wasn't something I was all that concerned about either since the new unit has a wheel volume control and the touchscreen also has a volume control feature (pressing your finger in a circle motion raises and lowers the volume). I didn't bother with any steering wheel adapter so all the radio buttons do nothing now.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Base
31 Posts
The volume wheel does not work anymore and it wasn't something I was all that concerned about either since the new unit has a wheel volume control and the touchscreen also has a volume control feature (pressing your finger in a circle motion raises and lowers the volume). I didn't bother with any steering wheel adapter so all the radio buttons do nothing now.
Do you miss the DIC and its functions? i was thinking of do this too until i noticed the only way to turn off the traction control in my car is through the DIC.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,339 Posts
my 03 has a traction control button in the passenger side glove box. I have never missed my DIC, best mod I ever did. with all the stuff you gain with your new unit, clearly makes up for knowing when to change the oil, personal greeting, how cold it is outside......things like that.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Do you miss the DIC and its functions? i was thinking of do this too until i noticed the only way to turn off the traction control in my car is through the DIC.
Not really. I bought a PLX Kiwi Bluetooth OBD2 module and and see everything and more that the DIC could. All my personal settings are still saved in the car if I ever need to use them and I still have the original unit if I ever need to pop it back in and change something. I can have my dash apart and back together in about 10 mins now after messing with it so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts