Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19CT6, 17Audi S7 15Audi A8, 16GMC 4x4 15CTSV Coupe SOLD.
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning the Heavyweight Champ, touch screen died out on me while dropping off at the detail shop for another Ceramic Coating.

I tried a few restarts to see if it a glitch in the system no luck.
The rotary knob works fine .
But the screen sensitivity completely shut down .
This is my 1st problem with the [email protected]
13k miles.

I'll pick the car up this evening hopefully it still messed up so Cadillac can fix this problem.

I would hate for Cadillac to tell me they can't duplicate the problem @ the dealership.

I did a recording of the screen not working.

Appointment is set for Tuesday am..

If the problem is fix prior to my appointment can Cadillac still see that a code in the ECM, where the screen sensitivity wasn't working?

I'm pissed ..

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the Champ back and the touch screen is back to normal at least for now.
Still going to keep my appointment .

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Blackwing, 2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1972 Pontiac
464 Posts
Another ceramic coating? Can you elaborate?

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
193 Posts
Got the Champ back and the touch screen is back to normal at least for now.
Still going to keep my appointment .

Good to hear. Also, here is an article about issues with Tesla screens which involve flash memory:

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,733 Posts
I had my hvac controls be non responsive on CUE, but it was a one time glitch so far about 6 months ago. It took two shut down/restarts of the car to get it working. Cadillac Service advisor says he seen some of these one time glitches that never happen again. Aside...almost every time Windows 10 does a major update, they screw things up...Computers eh!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another ceramic coating? Can you elaborate?

Went to my mother in law house and parked near a tree that released tiny micro droplets what look like syrup . all over the car.

I was 100 miles from the house so I decided to find a car wash and get it off.

But there were still a small circular spot on the paint where the syrup was .

Told the detailer about what happen so they took off the CC.9H.

And reapplied it for free.
I forgot that it comes with a 3yr warranty.

The Champ is back fresh looking.

Moral to the story don't park near trees if you can help it.
Tree sapp will fk things up quickly.

·
Registered
464 Posts
9h. You have ceramic pro?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thats what the detailer said it was.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paid $400 each
I did 2 cars.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Tree sap is not good, but bird droppings are worse (the sooner one gets that **** off the better - use lots of water for bird stuff and alcohol/water solution for sap, and be gentle). Tree sap has to be dissolved, but it comes off with easy wiping. I use a 70% isopropyl/water solution to take it off, but it also takes off wax, so the car needs to be waxed after. I did a paint correction due to Dealership swirls/scratches (that was one heck of a lot of work), then a ceramic coat on my XTS, but followed it up with synthetic wax as well. Hope you guys don't mind a photo, but the XTS and CT6 are so similar looking.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the information and the beast is looking real nice over there.

·
Registered
03 EXT Sold / 11 CTS V Coupe sold / 15 CTS Vsport sold / 16 CT6 TT
218 Posts
Tree sap is not good, but bird droppings are worse (the sooner one gets that **** off the better - use lots of water for bird stuff and alcohol/water solution for sap, and be gentle). Tree sap has to be dissolved, but it comes off with easy wiping. I use a 70% isopropyl/water solution to take it off, but it also takes off wax, so the car needs to be waxed after. I did a paint correction due to Dealership swirls/scratches (that was one heck of a lot of work), then a ceramic coat on my XTS, but followed it up with synthetic wax as well. Hope you guys don't mind a photo, but the XTS and CT6 are so similar looking.

View attachment 590524
I'm quick to get bird dropping off my cars but earlier this year I was in my wrangler soft top, and got a direct hit on the back window.
By the time I got home and cleaned it up, to dropping etched into the plastic window.

It was terrible

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In my younger years I used to date this nurse practitioner, and I remember she told me story about bird poop hit her partialy in her eye, and she had to go to the Doctors about 4 months, she mention it almost blinded her.

Talk about pink eyes.
I think she good to go now.

By far the worst ...

I'm thinking I'm may have to keep some type of car wash kit in the trunk of the champ for those wtf moments...

·
Registered
464 Posts

View attachment 590524
Not supposed to put anything on top of ceramic like wax. Check with your detail shop. I was told would void my warranty.

Now you can use carpro reload.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
759 Posts
Not supposed to put anything on top of ceramic like wax. Check with your detail shop. I was told would void my warranty.

That’s correct, putting wax over a ceramic coating sort of defeats the purpose and only diminishes the benefits of a coating.

Reload is cool for coated vehicles but offers no cleaning power on it’s own. However Carpro does have a waterless wash/quick detailer. It’s called Carpro Ech2o.

What I [and alot of detailers] like to do is mix both products into a bottle and reap the benefits of both. Ech20 has hydrophobic/protecting capabilities, but adding Reload intensifies it.

I usually go 3oz. of each then fill the rest of the 32oz. bottle with distilled water. I could probably use less Ech2o, like 2oz. is all that’s really needed.

I think it’s a good idea to at bare minimum keep something like this in the cubby hole of the trunk, for those times when you come out to your car and find a bird bomb.

·
Registered
464 Posts
My detailer told me to use Echo just for dusting at car shows and what not but not to use it for actual dirt or road grime? For washing your ceramic coated car Carpro reset is great. I don't know what it is but meguiars gold left a residue on my ceramic coated cars but had no issues on my other cars.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
In my younger years I used to date this nurse practitioner, and I remember she told me story about bird poop hit her partialy in her eye, and she had to go to the Doctors about 4 months, she mention it almost blinded her.

Talk about pink eyes.
I think she good to go now.

By far the worst ...

I'm thinking I'm may have to keep some type of car wash kit in the trunk of the champ for those wtf moments...

That's what I do. People must think - what an OCD guy when they see me pull over and clean the car, lol.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
My detailer told me to use Echo just for dusting at car shows and what not but not to use it for actual dirt or road grime? For washing your ceramic coated car Carpro reset is great. I don't know what it is but meguiars gold left a residue on my ceramic coated cars but had no issues on my other cars.
I used it on my car...no issues, but one has to make sure to take it all off once it hazes over, same with Mother's Synthetic wax.
I had Xpel put on the hood and front of mine...which I also ceramic coated and then waxed.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts

Not according to my research, where pro detailers say stacking over ceramic presents no issues, and as long as in the proper order is followed, the wax does not defeat the protectiveness of the ceramic coat. The proper order to achieve the protective aspect of the ceramic coat is ceramic first, wait the specified amount of day(s), then wax. I did that with mine and am really pleased with the result.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts