Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been posted on here many times...but I just wanted people's thoughts and even what people have done to upgrade their CTS audio center console. I have the basic version (stock picture of console attached) but I would like to update to a touch screen dash. What's everyone's thoughts?

·
Registered
CTS 2. Gen. - AT - 3.6 - 2WD - V6
93 Posts
Do it! Well worth it, at least that's what I feel, definitely. There is this "metra stuff" and the "other" :)

I chose the "other" and am VERY satisfied with it. But it should be installed by someone with skill and expertise so that everything is chic afterwards.

I had the following installed:
Product

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. Great thank you for the response! That was definitely helpful and glad that I could see if done (in real life) I've been considering that type of setup which I see your looking at $658 I believe. I'd definitely have it professionally Installed. Ideas on price approximately for installation of those units?
Thanks,
Derek

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can keep your stock pop up and add a module to get Android Auto/Apple Car play. Easier (and less expensive) than the full screen conversion.
The only problem with that, is that the top part of my console (where it says what kind of media is playing, CD, radio, aux, etc.)....that doesn't pop up unfortunately. Its stationary. I've seen ones that do pop up. But not mine unless I don't know about it haha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is definitely a pop up nav screen. You've pushed the left hand button under the volume knob?
Haha ok so if your baseing that on my first interior picture that I posted, its because that was just a quick stock photo I googled and posted because I didn't feel like going out to my car and actually getting a picture of my own interior 😂🤦 haha my bad. I'll attach a current actual picture of my center console and I don't believe that button your talking about is there. Unless I'm just not seeing it and I've been an idiot for awhile now and never knew I had the nav 😂 which if so that'd be fantastic! But take a look of my newest picture. Thanks!

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
7,778 Posts
I can't imagine the hazards created attempting to read directions from that tiny screen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, but yes. Had a similar radio in my SRX, and OnStar would send turn-by-turn navigation graphics to that little LCD screen. I definitely recall seeing arrows, and there may have been other graphical elements.

Still miss that car :confused:
I've never used the OnStar option. Thought it was like a subscription service or something? I just use my gps google maps on my phone for navagation. But would be interesting if I could have the options on the little LCD screen.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,307 Posts
It was used in some of the Buicks, like the Reatta and others. Not sure if the XLR got it too, it may have.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts