Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a question, can bad torque struts cause you to feel a weird shake in the gas pedal when going over certain bumps? I just changed the tire rods, my engine does shake so I know it’s not the motor mounts, which leave me to believe this is a bad torque struct. I have a 08 dts

Hello guys, I’ve been feeling a weird shake in my gas pedal when I hit certain bumps, or go over a speed bump. Also I can feel some of the vibration from the motor in the gas pedal as well.

i saw a formal post where a guy was having this similar issue and fixed it with a torque strut mount replacement. I wanted to know has any else had this problem and was the the solution?

just had tire rods replaced so I know it’s not that

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem . I replaced the engine torque strut and it made a difference. I felt less shaking on my car . I’m also replacing my control arms and tie rods also .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same problem . I replaced the engine torque strut and it made a difference. I felt less shaking on my car . I’m also replacing my control arms and tie rods also .
So far I've replaced all the engine mounts, the cv axle, and the tire rods. Still getting a vibration in the gas pedal, and a shake in the gas pedal when I hit bumps. I'm taking it to midas this upcoming Thursday to find out exactly hat's wrong, because the mechanic I've been going to just guessing just like me and I've spent too much money so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts