Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
LS6 V
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the torque rating for the caliper mounting bolts? Couldn't find it on the FAQ. Thanks!!
:)

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts

·
Registered
LS6 V
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, I used blue 242.
The red 271 said permanent, so I strayed from it. Any reason why the red loctite is recommended? I want to be able to remove the bolt by hand. :yup:

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
You can remove the red, it just has a higher break away torque. Also if it's not budging you can use a little heat. You will probably need a wrench to remove it, might be a little tight to remove by hand...

I would think you would want to use red because you don't wan't your calipers to come off while your driving the V! Security is the main reason. Since the brakes are key to safety you want to make sure they don't cause you any problems.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Here are the specs and the instructions for installing the caliper, please note the section where the red print is that says to be sure to clean the bolts and holes, then step one indicates the specific GM part number for the loctite "or equivalent".

Attachments

·
Registered
LS6 V
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can remove the red, it just has a higher break away torque. Also if it's not budging you can use a little heat. You will probably need a wrench to remove it, might be a little tight to remove by hand...
When I stated remove by hand I meant with hand tools. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts