Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I ordered the Torque Pro software and my android phone and got an OBDLink II scanner. Connected everything today and went for a drive. Awesome software. Can do so much data-logging and monitor pretty much every parameter you can imagine.

I have a 2011 cts-v auto with CAI and wait4me custom tune running the medium performanxe tune (not the max).

I was interested in the 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times using the torque-pro and OBD bluetooth interface.

I did about 10 runs in sport mode with competition mode engaged. I was getting consistent 0-60 times about 5.1 s and 1/4 mile of 13.4s.

Best run was 4.6s in 0-60 and 9.0s in 1/8mile @ 94.4mph and 13s flat in 1/4mile @ 119.9mph.
Now I am still not an expert in launching the car but I thought I did pretty good. Of course the road wasn't completely flat and had some ups and downs but I did many runs on different roads and still same results.

Does anyone know what these numbers may relate to in real life data on track? Do the numbers look so low because there is a delay between what the car actually does and the readings from the OBD II and the GPS tracking the car. The GPS was accurate to 5 meters when I was standing still. Not sure how accurate it is when moving very fast. The OBD parameters i was monitoring were right on with the car guages.

The scanner shows my A/F ratio 14.7. Its consistent. Is that a good number?

If you use torque-pro or other lrogram like it then chime in please.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
So I ordered the Torque Pro software and my android phone and got an OBDLink II scanner. Connected everything today and went for a drive. Awesome software. Can do so much data-logging and monitor pretty much every parameter you can imagine.

I have a 2011 cts-v auto with CAI and wait4me custom tune running the medium performanxe tune (not the max).

I was interested in the 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times using the torque-pro and OBD bluetooth interface.

I did about 10 runs in sport mode with competition mode engaged. I was getting consistent 0-60 times about 5.1 s and 1/4 mile of 13.4s.

Best run was 4.6s in 0-60 and 9.0s in 1/8mile @ 94.4mph and 13s flat in 1/4mile @ 119.9mph.
Now I am still not an expert in launching the car but I thought I did pretty good. Of course the road wasn't completely flat and had some ups and downs but I did many runs on different roads and still same results.

Does anyone know what these numbers may relate to in real life data on track? Do the numbers look so low because there is a delay between what the car actually does and the readings from the OBD II and the GPS tracking the car. The GPS was accurate to 5 meters when I was standing still. Not sure how accurate it is when moving very fast. The OBD parameters i was monitoring were right on with the car guages.

The scanner shows my A/F ratio 14.7. Its consistent. Is that a good number?

If you use torque-pro or other lrogram like it then chime in please.
If you have the Pro version, try downloading and playing with the free Track Recorder add-on. (there is also a free shift-light add-on available as well) The Track Recorder uses the video capability of the phone to record video of your car traveling down the road (or blasting around a track!) with the gauges that you've chosen to view being superimposed on the phone's screen like a HUD! It also has the capability of doing this while showing your position on a road map, using the phone's GPS. You can toggle the map feature on and off.

As well, you can log data from your run and upload it to the Torque website, where you can access the info from your computer (using a password) and view your trip (or run) using the charts and graphs (also overlaid on a map). It's great when you see the spike in the HP and torque graphs when you floored the car on the highway!

I'm guessing that your acceleration times might be a result of not having the greatest traction when making those runs. FWIW, I remember using the original G-Tech unit (accelerometer) when I used to drag race and the E.T.s shown on it were always within 1/10th of a second of my time slips, but the trap speed was always 4-5 mph higher on the G-Tech, than what was shown on the time slip. I'd like to think that Torque is more sophisticated than those old G-Techs and can produce more accurate results.

My Torque also reads a consistent 14.7:1 A/F ratio - that being the ratio where fuel is burned most efficiently (completely) contributing to the vehicle being able to achieve today's emissions requirement that catalytic converters are able to perform properly for 160,000 mi.

More power can be achieved with a richer mixture (lower number) and improved fuel economy can result from a leaner mixture. Although I don't blow black smoke (sign of a too-rich mixture), I do have to clean the black carbon out of my tailpipes every couple of weeks... so I'm not 100% sure of the accuracy of that 14.7 reading. My service adviser cracked up laughing when I asked him if GM had a computer re-flash to allow the car to run leaner and fix the dirty tailpipe issue!

Enjoy playing and keep it safe.

The good news is that the app is constantly being updated and improved. Make sure the phone is set for automatic update notification!

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for all that info. Very informative. I still have to learn all the things that torque can do.

I wonder, though, how does everyone in all the car reviews online get a 3.9s to 4.1s in 0-60 times? I can't even get close to that on a slightly tuned cts-v. Do they do runs all day and get the best number or do they use a professional race car driver to get those numbers?

Has anyone of you been able to get a 4s flat in 0-60? On a stock car? On a tuned one?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any word if it will be available for the iphone?
Not sure if its available for iPhone. I think there's a crack to make it work for iPhone.

Good news though, there are other options for iPhone users.

1st, the obdlink scanner comes with its own software that u can install on a laptop and pretty much do the same thing as torque. Downside is that u need to have the laptop in your car, but u can still do diagnostics and code checking and etc. Try scantool.net and obdlink once on the website

2nd, there is an app like torque but for the iPhone. Its called "devtoaster" at devtoaster.com I think. Don't know more about it

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts

·
Registered
XT5
327 Posts
Have a solid transmission temperature reading on my XT5, 3.2 V-6. Previously tried a cheap reader and Hal came to live in my ECU. Purchased a replacement BAFX reader for $25 and it works great. Turn off when done as it is a heavy cell battery drain. Followed these instructions:
1. Open Torque
2. Go to "Settings"
3. Select "Manage extra PIDs/Sensors"
4. Go to the menu in the top right, and select "Add Predefined Set"
5. Select "Pontiac / GM / Opel / Vauxhall"
6. Add a new display anywhere in the app
7. Select "Transmission Fluid Temp (GM Method 2)"
8. Profit

For Fahrenheit, add this formula:
(A-40) * 1.8 + 32

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V Long Roof; '10 CTS Long Roof, now serving the Coast Guard; '16 ATS-V Sedan
13,726 Posts
Have a solid transmission temperature reading on my XT5, 3.2 V-6. Previously tried a cheap reader and Hal came to live in my ECU. Purchased a replacement BAFX reader for $25 and it works great. Turn off when done as it is a heavy cell battery drain. Followed these instructions:
1. Open Torque
2. Go to "Settings"
3. Select "Manage extra PIDs/Sensors"
4. Go to the menu in the top right, and select "Add Predefined Set"
5. Select "Pontiac / GM / Opel / Vauxhall"
6. Add a new display anywhere in the app
7. Select "Transmission Fluid Temp (GM Method 2)"
8. Profit

For Fahrenheit, add this formula:
(A-40) * 1.8 + 32
You might, just might, want to post in the XT5 forum. We have a totally different drivetrain. This is the CTS-V forum and I can pretty much say that no one cares about the XT5 here. No offense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts