Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard or tried this product? It claims to help increase HP and MPG, by creating a tornado effect at the air intake. It is supose to help create an optimum air/fuel mix. ($70)
www.tornadofuelsaver.com

·
Registered
2000 DTS
197 Posts
Ive heard nothing but bad about it.
Theoretically it would restrict more air, and also it installs before the throttle plate, meaning that it will stop the tornado effect anyways before it reaches the combustion chamber.
There are people who swear by them though, but if you want my opinion, I would keep my $70.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
CADDYBLACK99 said:
Has anyone heard or tried this product? It claims to help increase HP and MPG, by creating a tornado effect at the air intake. It is supose to help create an optimum air/fuel mix. ($70)
www.tornadofuelsaver.com

WORTHLESS JUNK!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
If it really did what it said, every car would have one from the factory. as every manufacturer would love higher hp/mpg for every car

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Especially if it was something as simple as putting a chunk of metal in the intake.....!

I think the only type of benefit you could get with ANYTHIGN like this (and even then its neglegable) would be to install it after the throttle plate.... But even then, it probably wouldnt do anything......

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put one in my Expedition @ 3 yrs ago, I got @ 2-3 more mpg's, but I agree it is not worth the $$, If was so great, why don't we see them plastered everywhere.....

·
Registered
2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess the dusty advice , "If it sounds too good to be true..."
Applies here. Thanks for all your responses.

Paul

·
Registered
None :(
2,703 Posts
Hey guess what, that Tornado thing is suppose to create a tornado spooled injection stream riiight? Well, if you own a GM Vehicle that has the Vortec Engine series.. built into the intake is a design that creates a swirl going into the combustion chamber, therefore the "Vortec" name.

Point is, that although they are totally worthless as a product, they'd be even more worthless on a Vortec engine because it already has something of the same principal!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts