Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eventually i want to write little articles covering all the basics, and some of the advanced topics. But for now, what are the things you deal with most that you would like some help on? Waxing, washing, interior, restoring old paint? What are the hot subjects? I'll work on getting stuff written up on those first.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'll put my vote in for restoring old paint

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I'm fascinated by restoring old paint. But if you have any info on restoring old leather and/or protecting the leather you've got, I'd be interested.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Elvis said:
I'm fascinated by restoring old paint. But if you have any info on restoring old leather and/or protecting the leather you've got, I'd be interested.
I've always been a fan of Lexol for leather
Lexol makes cleaners and protectants for leather and come in like 1 quart "jugs" or spray bottles

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I'm always interested in under hood and under the car detail and the like....A truly detailed car is perfect where you can't see as well as where you can! To me the outside is easy......BUT, I'm an admitted maniac!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
kcnewell said:
I'm always interested in under hood and under the car detail and the like....A truly detailed car is perfect where you can't see as well as where you can! To me the outside is easy......BUT, I'm an admitted maniac!
Under the hood IS where the important stuff is :cool: I know I like my engine compartment looking "bling Bling" :D

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Blingage under the hood is key. Although, it can get out of hand so that it looks ricerish. I think that some chrome and other goodies are good, but you still have to maintain the origional dignity of the origional.

As far as topics id like to see, i would like to see more emphasis on the interior of the car. You spend more time driving the car from the inside then from the outside anyway (unless your james bond)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
That would be golden. Dr, go for it!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will do. I'll write something up and let you guys know. I'll also put it in stages, stage 1 being from basic, to stage 3 or something which is what you should do if entering a car show.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
COOL, YOU ARE GOLDEN IF YOU WOULD DO THAT FOR ALL OF US

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
that would be great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts