Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to remove the 150 mph governor on my car. I've got W rated tires on it now, and hitting the electronic wall is pretty annoying. What do you guys suggest? I come from the BMW side of the world where everything's a reflash. I'm also in Bay Area NorCal if that helps.

·
Registered
Cadillac
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
funny I know a guy here that hit 161mph. The vid is on youtube. maybe its a cali emissions thing?
The car was sold in Michigan, and I can't imagine a reason for having a governor on the car emissions-wise. I think they're all California-OK to prevent resale problems. It's worth noting that mine's an '06... Do the LS2 PCM's have limiters?

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
The '06 LS2 factory limiter is 150 mph w/ the RS-A tires.

Yes, a reflash will take care of it; shoot me an email.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
I'd like to remove the 150 mph governor on my car. I've got W rated tires on it now, and hitting the electronic wall is pretty annoying. What do you guys suggest? I come from the BMW side of the world where everything's a reflash. I'm also in Bay Area NorCal if that helps.
I always wondered how abrupt the cutoff was. When power is cut does it upset the car at all? Ive' been in some rentals where the power shut at around 100. It would disturb the balance of the car. I'd hate to experience it at 163mph.

·
Registered
'06 Raven V [SOLD]
333 Posts
I know I've done 161 or so the speedo said...makes me wonder if that was really the case. Stealth said the factory limit for on '06 was 150mph, but I have runcraps. So this leads to another question...did my dealer jip me on the FG2 package? Wasn't it a dealer installed option? And the car I did buy came from a different dealer. Gotta see if I have my sticker...

:confused: :hmm:

I want my FG2s, and I wan'em NOW!

·
Registered
(did) CTS-V
723 Posts
funny I know a guy here that hit 161mph. The vid is on youtube. maybe its a cali emissions thing?
Could be a speedo cal problem. My speedo is consistantly 2mph off of the GPS read out around 80 and I've gotten 2 tickets to prove it. I think others have had this too. Then again, I could be wrong.

To get rid of the limiter, change the tranny or rear end, or ride on 26' yo.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I know I've done 161 or so the speedo said...makes me wonder if that was really the case. Stealth said the factory limit for on '06 was 150mph, but I have runcraps. So this leads to another question...did my dealer jip me on the FG2 package? Wasn't it a dealer installed option? And the car I did buy came from a different dealer. Gotta see if I have my sticker...

:confused: :hmm:

I want my FG2s, and I wan'em NOW!
Was your car sold new with RSA or F1 Supercar tires on it ?

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,710 Posts
If your going down hill or making big power there are two limiters on my '05 PCM. First at 168 MPH, the second at 175 MPH. :)

Norm

·
Registered
'06 Raven V [SOLD]
333 Posts
Was your car sold new with RSA or F1 Supercar tires on it ?
Dunno, haven't found the sticker yet. The car came from dealer A, I bought it from dealer B, dealer B traded out a redline for my raven. For all I know dealer A could have kept the FG2s...

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
1 Posts
Hi. I have an '06 and am interested in the PCM reflash for the speed limiter. Is that screen available at a dealer? I work at a Chevy dealership and have cooperative techs but I need to point them in a specific direction. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks, Paul.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts