Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the other nite i was moving along when i decided to see what happens when you reach TOP SPEED as the dic reads out. At 110 i felt the car immediately cut back power, as its supposed to do.
The question is, can this be overided. 110 and plenty of pedal left. Can i get more from the North*?

·
Registered
247 Posts
SLS LUV said:
Well the other nite i was moving along when i decided to see what happens when you reach TOP SPEED as the dic reads out. At 110 i felt the car immediately cut back power, as its supposed to do.
The question is, can this be overided. 110 and plenty of pedal left. Can i get more from the North*?
number 1: you should have purchased the STS instead of the SLS

number 2: there is a way to bring your top speed up to 130+ however i have heard it is a bitch to figure out....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mikethegreeat said:

number 2: there is a way to bring your top speed up to 130+ however i have heard it is a bitch to figure out....
I should have bought the STS? Aint that a Bitch!! Are you a little biased or what? Im fine with my SLS thank you.
Anyway, how much of a bitch, do you know? :coffee:

·
Registered
247 Posts
SLS LUV said:
I should have bought the STS? Aint that a Bitch!! Are you a little biased or what? Im fine with my SLS thank you.
:bonkers: SLS performance doesnt come cloase to the STS, still a good car though, just not my type :yup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
unplug the VSS and have someone pace you. lol some ones with a car that can do 130 of course

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mikethegreeat said:

Correction: Eliminating the speed limiter should bring your top speed up over 150 MPH. Some of the STSs were speed limited to 130 and some are not limited.

·
Registered
238 Posts
SLS LUV said:
im sayin u said it urself tha best

·
Registered
247 Posts
bharner said:
im sayin u said it urself tha best
you have a nice ride man...I was looking at some 98' STS' and SLS' the other day and thought about how cheap the prices were...maybe in a couple o years :coolgleam

·
Registered
50 Posts
Actually it is 112 that it cuts off at. I had my 2000 SLS a day when I found that out.....not a happy camper, especially on FL roads, 120 is a daily occurance. I heard the dealer can do something....anyone know for sure?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Bigshot