Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1996 STS
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the other nite i was moving along when i decided to see what happens when you reach TOP SPEED as the dic reads out. At 110 i felt the car immediately cut back power, as its supposed to do.
The question is, can this be overided. 110 and plenty of pedal left. Can i get more from the North*?

·
Registered
247 Posts
SLS LUV said:
Well the other nite i was moving along when i decided to see what happens when you reach TOP SPEED as the dic reads out. At 110 i felt the car immediately cut back power, as its supposed to do.
The question is, can this be overided. 110 and plenty of pedal left. Can i get more from the North*?
number 1: you should have purchased the STS instead of the SLS

number 2: there is a way to bring your top speed up to 130+ however i have heard it is a bitch to figure out....

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I agree on the STS

if it is 1995 or before, you can just get the Fast Chip, that rmeoves the limiter...'96 and later (OBDII) and you gotta send the chip out= can't use car...

·
Registered
1996 STS
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mikethegreeat said:

number 2: there is a way to bring your top speed up to 130+ however i have heard it is a bitch to figure out....
I should have bought the STS? Aint that a Bitch!! Are you a little biased or what? Im fine with my SLS thank you.
Anyway, how much of a bitch, do you know? :coffee:

·
Registered
247 Posts
SLS LUV said:
I should have bought the STS? Aint that a Bitch!! Are you a little biased or what? Im fine with my SLS thank you.
:bonkers: SLS performance doesnt come cloase to the STS, still a good car though, just not my type :yup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
unplug the VSS and have someone pace you. lol some ones with a car that can do 130 of course

·
Registered
1996 Seville STS
141 Posts
Mikethegreeat said:

Correction: Eliminating the speed limiter should bring your top speed up over 150 MPH. Some of the STSs were speed limited to 130 and some are not limited.

·
Registered
238 Posts
SLS LUV said:
im sayin u said it urself tha best

·
Registered
50 Posts
Actually it is 112 that it cuts off at. I had my 2000 SLS a day when I found that out.....not a happy camper, especially on FL roads, 120 is a daily occurance. I heard the dealer can do something....anyone know for sure?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts