Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just started a group buy with prices starting at $150 shipped. Check it out by clicking here: DDM HID Kit Group Buy.

Thanks!

Mark
Top PSI Performance

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Hid Fogs......

How much do the replacement bulbs cost if they go bad (9005)
With our kits? Well, it's $150 shipped for a kit w/ a 1 yr warranty or $200 shipped for a kit w/ a lifetime warranty. Regardless, we sell replacement bulbs for $80.

Thanks!

Mark
Top PSI Performance

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: New GB on HID fogs

Thanks urbanski! Sent you a PM.

Thanks!

Mark
Top PSI Performance

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Did i get the only V that came with HID's from the factory? You guys using these on the fogs i guess???? HID reverse Lights for me!!! jk

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Must... resist... Must... save... for... 2009... V...

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
I am deff in... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah , what about hi beams ,,, the color and throw suck>>>> i have a beater 1991 240 volvo w/ better hi beams... help!!!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
389 Posts
I was thinking about HID fogs too. The SRT8 I raced on Rt24 in MA last week had them, and they looked cool. The only thing is that all of these HID lamps that everyone's group-buying nowadays are NOT the same cutoff as the standard bulbs, so the cutoff will be all screwed up. The SRT8 behind me was *completely* blinding me even though he was like 20ft behind my bumper and we're talking about his *driving lights* here, which are super-low to the ground on that car. I'd feel a bit guity running those in traffic if I got them. (not too guilty mind you, but...)
All these replacement HID bulb capsules are made specifically for projector-type lamp enclosures, and will definitely not have the right cutoff on a regular sealed-beam enclosure. Obviously this doesn't matter to 95% of the people out there, just drive down the highway and look for the 5000k+ blinding light in the oncoming traffic to see how many people don't care. :)
I also thought about the high beams, but I would think it would make the "flash to pass" stuff less effective since the HID's take a split second to warm up, and also I've heard (not confirmed) that lots of on/off cycles without letting the HID bulbs warm up all the way can be bad for bulb-life...

-B

PS: The SRT8 walked me when I took off in 3rd gear from 60mph up, but in 4th gear from 65mph up I pushed him, had to let off for a second so I didn't ram him, then walked him AGAIN on the same pull. 4th gear is pretty awesome in these cars! :)

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
PS: The SRT8 walked me when I took off in 3rd gear from 60mph up, but in 4th gear from 65mph up I pushed him, had to let off for a second so I didn't ram him, then walked him AGAIN on the same pull. 4th gear is pretty awesome in these cars! :)

Wait until you run them beyond 4th gear. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts