Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my Chevy in the shop today I was forced to drive my Caddy to school today. 45 minute drive on route 80 and I gotta say, I have never seen my car perform like it had today. :D The car was simply wonderful on the highway today. Acceleration was sharp and quick, the ride was silky smooth with no vibrations at speeds as high as 75 MPH. Also the car sounded great too! It sounded mean, it's never sounded like that before! I can't wait for my Flowmaster muffler so it'll sound meaner. I've fallen in love with this car all over again! That new carb was the best $500 I never spent! Who knew the difference it would make! :bouncy:

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Good stuff! Make me want to get back home and take the '93 for a joyful semi-high speed cruise now!

·
Registered
04 ESV Platinum, 96 Eldorado Coachbuilder LTD, 96 FWB
1,044 Posts
I need to rebuild/ replace the carb in my car. I have to pump the gas when i start it up, it it sat for a long time. I should llook into that.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Great! For that $500 you got a 500 to go with the carb, right? I haven't heard the 307 described as "acceleration was sharp and quick...." :histeric:

Glad you got it running right. Hang on to the other carb, or sell it to a fellow Cad fan. New ones are getting rare these days.

DopeStar 156 said:
...Acceleration was sharp and quick, the ride was silky smooth with no vibrations at speeds as high as 75 MPH. Also the car sounded great too! It sounded mean, it's never sounded like that before! .... :bouncy:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
N0DIH said:
I haven't heard the 307 described as "acceleration was sharp and quick...." :histeric:
Now, agreed the 307 is no 500 but I'm sure back in 1986-1989 when these cars were new I'll be those 307's did a hell of a job pushing these cars around. Granted engines get weaker with age but I'll tell you, this new carb o' mine is really bringing out the beast in my engine. I am one very satisfied Caddy driver.

D

·
0 Posts
DopeStar 156 said:
Now, agreed the 307 is no 500 but I'm sure back in 1986-1989 when these cars were new I'll be those 307's did a hell of a job pushing these cars around. Granted engines get weaker with age but I'll tell you, this new carb o' mine is really bringing out the beast in my engine. I am one very satisfied Caddy driver.
Hate to burst your bubble bro but they were underpowered even for their day. A same year Caprice with a measly 305 could outrun it all day. I'm sure that carb made a big difference and all but the way you describe it, its like you just installed a 455 with 6-71 blower on it!. Its all good though, enjoy the beast. :cool:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It's Just Eric said:
Mmm..carburator..
So does this mean your coming over now? Lol.:rolleyes:
HA! I had to read that a few times before I remembered what you were talking about. Sure dude we can get together sometime. We need us some Garden State members to get together for this one. You know what this means.....

NEW JERSEY MEET!!!

Here dude, go here and post in my thread about this I just made.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57576

·
Registered
57 Posts
Posted. Like it says, come summertime my car should be out of hibernation and actually running well enough to drive it places. Till then im driving the subaru....a really cool car but it just aint as classy. Lol

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, I'm taking the Caddy off the road next month for the winter, at least the snowy months, and driving my 99 Malibu LS around. Love that car man, it's so fun to drive. It handles so great and has as much power as a small block 8! That's a sweet Chevy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hehe. yeah, Ill miss the caddy during the winter months, but hell, the Subaru is pretty sexy. Check it out.
Red one is mine, the black on dark purple is my friend's. Dont mind my Ricey engine bay, I bought the car like that.:nono:
The sexy guy making the funny face behind the wheel is me for any of them ladies wondering:cool::duck:.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29304
He may have edited some pics out....

D

·
0 Posts
It's Just Eric said:
Hehe. yeah, Ill miss the caddy during the winter months, but hell, the Subaru is pretty sexy. Check it out.
Red one is mine, the black on dark purple is my friend's. Dont mind my Ricey engine bay, I bought the car like that.:nono:
The sexy guy making the funny face behind the wheel is me for any of them ladies wondering:cool::duck:.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29304
He may have edited some pics out....
Those SVX's are pretty sweet. A bold step for Subaru but a wrong one. Ladies on this forum? We drive old fart cars man!. I could be wrong but I dont think there are any ladies here. :bonkers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts