Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, took my V out to Firebird raceway in Chandler AZ Saturday night. My car was feeling really good since I installed the newly designed UUC mounts. Temps were in the mid 80s, and the track wasn’t too bad. All runs were granny shifted, and the car was run fully heat soaked on all three runs, and the runs were also on street tires.

1st run was a [email protected] with a 2.2 60ft

2nd run was a [email protected] with a 2.1 60ft

And my last run was the best run with a [email protected] mph with a 2.0 60ft.

Im really happy with what the car ran considering the outside temps, and being fully heat soaked. Here is the slip of my best run. It was against a 6 speed auto C6 Corvette. He was pretty confused after the race. :D

And here is a pic of my burnout that my wife took before the 12.6 run.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
^^^ Yeah that. Your traps went up a lot from the last runs you posted.

·
Registered
Cadillac
203 Posts
Might want to get better tires or slip it longer out the hole that is high 11sec mph, maybe you remember me luckily you live in AZ or i would bust that ass up and down the road, haha you told me to go to AZ to show me how a V really runs i trap almost 118 off bottle.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Might want to get better tires or slip it longer out the hole that is high 11sec mph, maybe you remember me luckily you live in AZ or i would bust that ass up and down the road, haha you told me to go to AZ to show me how a V really runs i trap almost 118 off bottle.
Good for you. You should come down here then. I will run you. :lildevil:

Oh yea, my track is at 1,243ft. With a typical DA of 3600ft

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My power mods are..

K&N replacement filter
Magnaflow catback
UUC flywheel
tune
100 dry shot

The car has run a best of [email protected] mph without the 100 shot. :)

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
244 Posts
Outstanding times, Im looking to achieve the same times with the same mods...sweet. Ill be happy with a 12.x in this car with lesss than 3,000 in total mods....

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
those are great times w/o the juice, that flywheel must really loosen up some power
Yea, the flywheel made a night and day difference. The CTS-V should have came with an aluminum flywheel from the factory. I love it! It revs so quick through the gears. 1st gear just spins, and 2nd gear only last about 2 seconds before it redlines. :)

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Great times man! I'm hoping to be around there with stickier tires, a well prepped track, and a 125-150 shot!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts