Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out on an empty backroad to bed in the PFC 01 pads onto the PFC 2 piece rotors. Decided to hook up to GoPro to see how good I was heating up the rotors and pads... I'd say I got them up to temp!!

Heres a video of me running the car on PFC goodies at the SCCA PDX at Daytona. Notice how I catch the track-prepped E36 in the braking zone :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,656 Posts
Pretty cool shot of the rotor. I was actually thinking of doing something like that at my last track event, but was afraid the camera would be sticking out too far into the 140mph breeze and the suction cup mount wouldn't hold.

·
Registered
CTS-V
106 Posts
Nice. I remember you posting up a thread a while back with your new setup. Is this your DD, if so, are your pads the PFC street pads or track pads?

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. I remember you posting up a thread a while back with your new setup. Is this your DD, if so, are your pads the PFC street pads or track pads?
Yes, the PFC pads in the video are track only pads, but this car is my daily driver. I will drive them TO the event to scrub off the street pad material off of the face of the rotor, and then FROM the event to scrub off the race pad material.

I will be ordering their Z-Rated street pads soon for daily driving duties; they look very promising and are a bit cheaper too than the Hawk HP+ pads.

Even in the video with that excessive heat, the pads still didnt fade. After repeated 80-10 threshold braking runs I just couldnt get them to fade at all, but they still bedded in quite well. They are awesome pads.

·
Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,596 Posts
Good stuff

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I think I'm getting a GoPro. The old camera mount doesn't fit on the Recaro headrest posts...

·
Registered
'05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys
1,070 Posts
Nice!

Where are people finding the best pricing on track pads?

anyone have any used ones taking up space/collecting dust that they'd like to sell?

and, any chance of not turning the calipers from their silver color? is it an over heating issue? pad related?

·
Registered
'11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V
1,908 Posts
I think I'm getting a GoPro. The old camera mount doesn't fit on the Recaro headrest posts...
Pull the trigger....you'll love it....

BTW...then you can take that HD video....drag it to your iTunes...it'll sync w/your Apple TV and you can watch yourself on your normal TV in HD "glorious-ness"....your wife will LOVE it too...:highfive:

I know my girlfriend sure loves watching videos of us driving the Bavarian country-side...over and over again....:helpless:

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice!

Where are people finding the best pricing on track pads?

anyone have any used ones taking up space/collecting dust that they'd like to sell?

and, any chance of not turning the calipers from their silver color? is it an over heating issue? pad related?
call Alex at PFC to get some good pads.

The calipers turn gold from just heat generated by the brakes. if you want to brake hard, no real way around them not turning gold unless you are easy on the brakes. if you run race pads, i guarantee you they'll be gold after your first event.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts