Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,854 Posts
Nice. Very nice. The last picture is very similar to one I took in Muir Woods some years ago - in the rain. We have a 12 X 18 enlargement hanging in the upstairs hall.

Hard to believe just how big those trees are............ many people don't realize there's little or no undergrowth in a Sequoia/Redwood forest - not enough sunlight reaches the ground. Few birds, few critters, few bugs.

Similar to my picture in Muir Woods .........may even be the same trees.

muirwoods-shutterstock_303081878-HDR.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,149 Posts
I've never seen those in person but they look awesome. Have to admit that at first I couldn't decide whether to look at the trees or the bike. Sweet ride.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read where the bark on these thousand year old monuments can be a foot thick. Enough to survive a forest fire. It took 40 steps to walk around the base of one of them. The giant redwoods along the Avenue in northern CA are just as majestic. Walking out among them, sitting down for awhile, is a real experience.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
766 Posts
Can you imagine the forests back in the dinosaur age? Would have been even more incredible!

Max

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
396 Posts
Ah the Sequoia National Forest trees. Yep, been there too. Have some pictures. This one puts it in a pretty nice perspective of the size vs cars. lol

Steve IMG_0188.JPG

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
396 Posts
Here's another nice one showing me standing next to one hollowed out a bit.

Steve
IMG_0168.JPG

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
396 Posts
I've got maybe 100 more pictures of them. Some big freakin' trees there. A nice hiking area too away from the crowds I found.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The walk thru tree was blown down sometime back. It was in the north grove of the Calaveras Big Trees SP, a couple hours away. Nice living within a couple hours of all these great parks.
Bobs Final Resting Place 034 (Medium).jpg
Big Trees SP Sep 08 006 (Medium).jpg
Big Trees SP Sep 08 084 (Medium).jpg

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,276 Posts
Beautiful pics. Agree it is a fantastic area. Not least to have it for a ride whenever you like.

For motorcycling it is perfect. Our backroads in Denmark are too narrow to push it to the limit and the bigger roads full of traffic. A MC road trip across Tioga Pass is on the bucket list.

Just north of Yosemity entrance at the Tolumne Trail Head you can still see one of the old trees you can pass under. Apparently it broke some years ago but the lower part with the tunnel is still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yes thats it. Beautiful place and a nice pass to run over. Then down to Bodie and have lunch. Also fantastic place.

Today I had to suffice with a test trip to Langeland island.
A forward acceleration of 1.2 g and a banking angle of 35 degrees was the action I got today.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...Had to suffice...:cool: I pushed over a G in a hard uphill right hander on hiway 1 south of Mendocino one night in my C6 Corvette. Never checked forward G forces. Wonder how many Gs my Hayabusa would do running a 9 second quarter? Trap speed is around 150.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
One g in a car is impressive. Even more so turning (deceleration is simple).

Your Hayabusa will definitely do more than 1.2 g. I think I obtained this value in 2nd gear (BMW R1250GS) in Dynamic Pro mode.

It was near but not WOT - otherwise it would go on the rear wheel and wheelie control will shut it down.

Without the electronics on a stiffer bike you can pull above 1.5 g. After all - the BMW is an adventure bike. But it is easier driven than many of the sport bikes we have.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts