Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 2 weeks ago I got what I thought was a heck of a deal, traded a RZR UTV that I never used for a low Mileage SRX... Now my wife and 1 yr old have a nice whip with AC and 4X4... Only ify part was it was a buyback but I thought they fix the problems when they buy it back and it'd be a ok car, apparently not. . . Seeing how I was dealing with a good friend I figured they'd tell me it had issues... but anyways, I won't bore y'all with details. . . So last weekend it hiccups, throttle response is gone rough idle. . . I disconnect battery for 5 min on side of highway hang out for a bit trying everynow and then to see if it's calmed down, after about a hour it started idling smooth and 5 min later check engine lights off runs like a top... cool. Wife drove it all week no issues.. Sun we go for a little drive and the check engine light comes on, we think shit here we go, get off the highway onto back roads sure enough same thing again. . . Bonus part this time, we were 2 miles from another friends shop who has a code reader. . . It's got 8 codes and I'm wondering where to start. . . Here's the codes. P2122, P2127, P2135, P2119, P2176, P0638, P1101, P0068. Most are TAC, TPS, PPS, AND MAF. I'm going to check for carbon buildup this weekend but what would y'all replace or look at first?? I'm willing to put some money into it as we were expecting issues but don't wanna waste any of possible. . . Do dealers have tests they can do on the parts to see if they're defective? Or should I just replace PPS, TPS AND ECM? sorry the story is so long... Thank in Advance!!

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
So 2 weeks ago I got what I thought was a heck of a deal, traded a RZR UTV that I never used for a low Mileage SRX... Now my wife and 1 yr old have a nice whip with AC and 4X4... Only ify part was it was a buyback but I thought they fix the problems when they buy it back and it'd be a ok car, apparently not. . . Seeing how I was dealing with a good friend I figured they'd tell me it had issues... but anyways, I won't bore y'all with details. . . So last weekend it hiccups, throttle response is gone rough idle. . . I disconnect battery for 5 min on side of highway hang out for a bit trying everynow and then to see if it's calmed down, after about a hour it started idling smooth and 5 min later check engine lights off runs like a top... cool. Wife drove it all week no issues.. Sun we go for a little drive and the check engine light comes on, we think shit here we go, get off the highway onto back roads sure enough same thing again. . . Bonus part this time, we were 2 miles from another friends shop who has a code reader. . . It's got 8 codes and I'm wondering where to start. . . Here's the codes. P2122, P2127, P2135, P2119, P2176, P0638, P1101, P0068. Most are TAC, TPS, PPS, AND MAF. I'm going to check for carbon buildup this weekend but what would y'all replace or look at first?? I'm willing to put some money into it as we were expecting issues but don't wanna waste any of possible. . . Do dealers have tests they can do on the parts to see if they're defective? Or should I just replace PPS, TPS AND ECM? sorry the story is so long... Thank in Advance!!
If this is the 3.6 engine, I would think throttle body or ECM.

I think you are on the right track. Make sure the oil is always at FULL.
Take it to the dealer for $80 you will have peace of mind.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
I suggest you check on what Sheepish found, bad wiring in the pigtail that goes from the TB to the engine wiring harness. All your codes can be caused by intermittent wiring issues. Also check if TB butterfly needs cleaning due to oil backing through the PCV system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$80 for them to see what they think? Sounds good to me, Supposedly the TB was changed in '13 but that was only 2k miles ago so apparently that didn't fix it...

·
Registered
'04 SRX 3.6 AWD, 69 Camaro, 98 Yukon
96 Posts
Take it to the dealer for $80 you will have peace of mind.
The dealership won't clean your windshield for $80. What are they going to do? Tell you that you need $2000 worth of parts that MAY fix it? These things have so many electronic problems that I'm embarrassed to tell anybody that I own one.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD
336 Posts
$80 for them to see what they think? Sounds good to me, Supposedly the TB was changed in '13 but that was only 2k miles ago so apparently that didn't fix it...
you can change the throttle body but that doesn't change the pigtail wiring. I did that as well. You could also have a vacuum leak but the wiring is easy. when it's running good wiggle those wires around and see what happens.

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
The dealership won't clean your windshield for $80. What are they going to do? Tell you that you need $2000 worth of parts that MAY fix it? These things have so many electronic problems that I'm embarrassed to tell anybody that I own one.
I have 2 Cadillac dealers around me that would hook it up to a TECH 2 for me, for $0.

With the use of a $7000 TECH 2 tool, diagnostic test at Cadillac costs $89.99 + tax.

If they say it will cost you $5000 to fix it they can not charge a penny over the $89.99 unless you say so.

----------

If you're so embarrassed to drive Cadillac go buy yourself a nice Chrysler product and brag about their electronics all day long.:canttalk:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it to the dealer today, gave them the code list and went out to my car with a tech. He suggested and explained how to clean and check everything myself that way I don't waste money. . . I had already planned on doing everything we talked about so I have, well see how it goes. . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts