Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was late at night and me and my girlfriend had just left a friends house. I came to a stop light and looked over to my left and there was a 2005 nissan maxima. It was a guy driving a his girl was staring hard at the sts with 20"s. the light turned green and he stomped on the accelerator and lit his right tire up. My girl said "go go go", so i stomped on it after he had had about a 2 second head start. I passed him a few seconds later and wave to him and flipped him of at the same time. He then caught me at the next red light and said "I cant belived you smoked me in a grandma car!"

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
Blackout said:
Phat yo :bigroll:
Umm...It could be...That I agree with you on this...Oh dear God!

·
Registered
1996 STS
1,489 Posts
4 car lengths, 05 Maxima, he was first off the line by 2 seconds, your on Dubs?

Your thread may be subject to scepticism by other forum members.

But, if it was a kill, good job..

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
STS 310 said:
4 car lengths, 05 Maxima, he was first off the line by 2 seconds, your on Dubs?

Your thread may be subject to scepticism by other forum members.

But, if it was a kill, good job..
You know, I wasn't going to say anything until you opened your mouth...:D :p

But I happen to agree with you. These two cars have very similar accleration numbers in stock trim. When you put 20" inch rims on a car, you've basically just raised your gear ratio to unsafe heights...The higher the slower that is...And from a 2 second disadvantage? Yes, this seems unlikely, but any give race I guess...

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
illumina said:
You know, I wasn't going to say anything until you opened your mouth...:D :p
Uh oh.......I agree with you on this too! Whats the world coming too!?!?!? :bonkers:

But I happen to agree with you. These two cars have very similar accleration numbers in stock trim. When you put 20" inch rims on a car, you've basically just raised your gear ratio to unsafe heights...The higher the slower that is...And from a 2 second disadvantage? Yes, this seems unlikely, but any give race I guess...
The only things I can think of would be the car was a stick and he misshifted, the person wasn't racing, or the person driving might be one of those people that always nails it off the line. But if the guy had a 2 second advantage off the line that would mean that you have a factory freak if your running 12's with 20" rims since Maxima's run 14's in the 1/4.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
245/35/20 tires will have the same height as 225/60/16s which were stock on my car (not sure but the height is probably the same on an 00.) The thing is that bigger rims weigh more. The 2 second head start is obviously exagerated, but the rest of it is pretty plausible.

Not nice to flip people off for no reason, every kill or death I've had in my car I'm always nice to the person unless they do something to me first.

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
Put the money that you spent on those rims into the engine and you will be running down a lot more than Nissan Maximas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts