Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Crimson Pearl STS 'W'
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If having a forced unpaid day off work was not enough and everywhere closed up so people are forced to sit and watch the £20million tax payers hard earned get blown down the drain we had to find something to do,so off to the hills with the seville we went...and the kids of course.
Still looking great for a 12 year old..beats sitting at home watching tv...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
Very clean car, I like it, and you still play cassette!? :O

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Nice looking car. Funny seeing all the little differences between the export and US models.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh the cassette,i have a few classic albums in that format that just dont sound right on cd,stuck in my ways a bit when it comes to music and it keeps it all working..;)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,500 Posts
Yeh the cassette,i have a few classic albums in that format that just dont sound right on cd,stuck in my ways a bit when it comes to music and it keeps it all working..;)
Yep - have a slew of stuff on cassette as well as transcribed from my own LP's. Play it all the time.........still have 60-some NOS blank TDK tapes..........

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
I'm sorry you have to endure the wedding BS and its worse since you live over there, but hey at least the drive was nice I hope and a forced take off unpaid workday what's up with that???!!

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
nice look caddy
i just noticed the crest's on the side of the car near the back doors on each side is that something that they put basic on those in the UK ?
usualy only time i ever saw those in that are would be if the car had a mock top or cloth roof they would put them sometimes on there but first time seeing it on the side before

yeah right hand drivers wow i remember the first time i ever tried to drive one it had me all messed up and it was a manual also it was like having ot learn to drive all over again for a 3rd tme first time automatic second time manual 3rd time right hand drive manual i was like if i have to learn how to drive again no way lol

tape decks is the one let down of having the GPS unit navi
no casset player in it wich sucks
i have about 70 cassets that i stick in the old boombox every now and then but cant listen to them on the road

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those crests i added just to break the car up a bit,i think they go well and not to intrusive,its a hark back to my bustleback with the carriage top..i miss that car...:crybaby:
Cassette's are great,if i had my way i'd have a record deck in there too..lol

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Cassette's are great,if i had my way i'd have a record deck in there too..lol
go back to the 50s and 60s
from what my old man told me they used to be an option first time i saw a Plymouth with a old 48 player when i got in it i was like 7 and i was like WTF is this he said its our version of the 8 track i said what he said it will be your version of the casset one day im like ok

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
I think the blinkers on the fenders are a great Idea for safety
think the U.S should mandate a law for them or something
not that it would do any good for the ones out there without them right now but for future cars and drivers would be good
i don't care that they make the car look ugly or tacky to a point
what i care about is the fact that if a driver is doing what they should be doing when they change lanes then someone next to them will have a warning they are going into lanes
i used to get pissy at ppl that didn't use blinkers cause they cause more accidents then those who do yous them but lately
im more pissy at the drivers who don;'t pay attention to the ones who do use blinkers if that makes sense i swear i want to build road rage and run someone off the road every time they deliberately ignore my blinker
but i don't ok sorry had to have a Blinker rant for a second there lol

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
stsuk, questions about the fender mounted blinkers.

Is there a recess stamped into the fender, or just a cutout?

Do they only illuminate with the blinkers/hazard lights, or does it also stay lit with the parking lights?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Pics of blinker cutout and engine bay coming up.
The side repeaters only come on when indicating and with the hazards and alarm guys..!

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
you got to love the pictures of under the hood

kind of like a whats wrong with this picture
but not at the same time
how everything looks exactly the same except 2 things after first glance that you would then realize this is a right hand drive by where the Break Fluid goes
whyll the rest stays very very similar if not the same as our right hand drive's are

awesome thanks for the pick

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
The side repeaters only come on when indicating and with the hazards and alarm guys..!

I was only expecting a description. Thanks for taking your time and taking a picture. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No problem at all,glad to share the pics and info..we've been looking for a lhd sts just recently to keep this one company,yet to find a clean average miles car.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
How does the RH drive version obtain boost for power brakes?? I don't see a vacuum servo and there probably is no room for one at that end of the engine.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JimD,

Soon as its light out i'll take a few closer pics of the booster setup,yet to find out myself where the vacuum is taken from so i dont mind having a look over it tomorrow morning.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts