Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly didn't know this was a faux-pas. I just kept throwing up new posts as the drama unfurled. I'm actually doing the same thing again right now, but I need newbie redirection! So once I begin a thread, that's it -leave it alone and see if it grows, like certain types of plants, I guess.? I tend to skip over ones that look like they're too advanced, whilr answering newcomer types, like me. Problem is I went out and did everyhing at once! So why is my MAP inicator coming on? Someone suggested dagaged wires at rear pulley area. Any thoughts? I PROMISE only one thread this time (on this forum, anyway!)

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
I honestly didn't know this was a faux-pas. I just kept throwing up new posts as the drama unfurled. I'm actually doing the same thing again right now, but I need newbie redirection! So once I begin a thread, that's it -leave it alone and see if it grows, like certain types of plants, I guess.? I tend to skip over ones that look like they're too advanced, whilr answering newcomer types, like me. Problem is I went out and did everyhing at once! So why is my MAP inicator coming on? Someone suggested dagaged wires at rear pulley area. Any thoughts? I PROMISE only one thread this time (on this forum, anyway!)
We answered your question broham! Either not seated completely (ensure the small metal "tab" is securing the MAP sensor with the Allen head button bolt), you wiring got torn up by the rear pullies, or in the least likely case your MAP sensor just went bad. If it happens to be the last case scenario go ahead and buy yourself this: http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/products_sens01.htm. It is a direct replacement for the stock 1 bar but your tuner will be able to hook you up with a 2bar SD tune later on down the road.

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,656 Posts
First, bonus points for knowing how to spell "faux pas".

So once I begin a thread, that's it -leave it alone and see if it grows, like certain types of plants, I guess.?
Uh, no. If the discussion needs to continue (because you have more questions or comments on the exact same subject) then post in the same thread that you already started. Otherwise pieces of the same discussion get spread into multiple threads, which makes it awfully hard for newcomer types like you to find any worthwhile information.

So why is my MAP inicator coming on? Someone suggested dagaged wires at rear pulley area. Any thoughts? I PROMISE only one thread this time (on this forum, anyway!)
Here's another friendly tip on how to make worthwhile posts - If you start a thread because you have questions about your MAP sensor, then don't make the title of the thread something completely unrelated like "too many threads on the same subject AKA: shifter ball wont fit right". :nono:

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
2,061 Posts
So what happened with the shifter?

Did I miss a thread? $900 shifter install complete? Don't keep me in suspense!

·
Registered
2005 cts-v
81 Posts
Man Leo I have to give you a call tonight...did I to miss the MAP discussion? I had to do some reworking to organize wires in the back....so the pulley wouldn't eat them for breakfast....

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First, bonus points for knowing how to spell "faux pas".
Hey, I didnt take all those classes for nuthin' you folks have my complete and total permission to delete this repetoire in its entirety, UUC sent me this humungous shifter ball that could probably kill someone if thrown correctly! Sacre bleu!

Uh, no. If the discussion needs to continue (because you have more questions or comments on the exact same subject) then post in the same thread that you already started. Otherwise pieces of the same discussion get spread into multiple threads, which makes it awfully hard for newcomer types like you to find any worthwhile information.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what happened with the shifter?

Did I miss a thread? $900 shifter install complete? Don't keep me in suspense!
NO, NO! nothing that dramatic! UUC sent me an ass-backwards short throw shifter ($400 piece). They said "mail it to us, and we'll send you the right one." My mechanic said "not unti I get paid for 2 installs and one removal!" UUC said "tough titties on the labor, that's just the way it goes!" So we settled for that big ol monster shift knob they retail for $169-it goes on universally, so orientation of shifter doesn't matter. Get it? Picture of knob is on the Lindsay home page.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts