Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 DTS super traveller
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an '11 dts w/ 55k & a mile long list of dealer repairs already done: radiator replacement, lower control arms, rear main seal, steering gear, catalytic converter, motor mounts, and oil changes. Looks 100% but fenders were repaired 3x after minor accidents. Would you say everything fixed by now or run away!

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
538 Posts
Some of that sounds like it was repaired due to those "minor accidents"

·
Registered
No more Cadillacs
680 Posts
Re: too many repairs lited to buy?

Some of that sounds like it was repaired due to those "minor accidents"
I agree. I could not imagine all those problems occurring naturally thru wear and tear in 4 years. My wifes 2010 DTS has only needed a fuel pump in 50k miles. Hell, my 06 DTS has only needed front struts due to noisy upper mounts in 116k miles.

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)
655 Posts
Re: too many repairs lited to buy?

Dealers have a way of checking for body filler. Have one of their people go over the car - while you are with them - and let you know how much filler is hiding damage from those collisions.

My wife's previous car was hit 3 times by others, totally not her fault, but she got dinged with a reduced trade-in value none the less. Make sure you're not buying one of those.

·
Registered
2011 DTS super traveller
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I tried it while out looking and it seemed okay except for the seats were dirty... no sale!

·
Registered
2006 dts 4.6
54 Posts
I would run too lol, something isnt right....most northstars leak oil but NOT A LOT so i can understand the rear seal....control arms bad at 55k miles is unheard of so if you ask me its more to that car than what you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts