Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the morning with Doug at Doug Rippie Motorsports http://www.dougrippie.com/ to get a rock solid stock vs. StealthV comparison.

Mods on the V from stock:

Lingenfelter intake box/filter (never been cleaned in 12,000+ miles)
StealthV FFV MAF-Back
B&B "old-style" headers w/ cats
B&B 3" x-pipe exhaust
StealthV prototype oil catch-can
Bosch +4 plugs
Amoco Ultimate 92 octane fuel w/ 10% ethanol
32 psi in the like new Dunlop Wintersport 245/45-18 tires on stock wheels
22,3XX "grandma" miles on the odometer ;)

Stock calibration baseline w/ above mods = 343.1 hp
StealthV calibration = 360.7 hp / 348.6 lb-ft

A gain of 17.6 hp.

The StealthV calibration used was the same out-of-the-box version that every customer gets (beyond modifications specific to their V). For all runs, the hood was closed on the V and a small fan to push a little air through the radiator was used.

For dyno X to dyno Y differences, here's another data point - Right before we strapped the V down, a friend of mine did his bone stock 2005 GTO w/ the LS2 6-speed w/ 2200 miles on the clock and put down a best of 325 hp.

Sorry for no torque reading on the stock baseline; looking at the dyno sheets from Doug, he only had "horsepower" on the comparison sheet and I don't remember the reading. Tomorrow I'll call DRM and get some better dyno sheets printed out (there's no USB port on Doug's DynoJet PC and the floppy drive doesn't work).

This evening I'll get some digital photos snapped of the two dyno sheets from DRM, compress the video and get them all on the web. Will also have more video of the V and dyno sheets from the LS2 GTO next week after the GTO owner gets his video into PC format.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had another '05 GTO there but we couldn't peer pressure him into strapping down his 200 mile old car. Some crap about break-in, yadda, yadda, yadda.

It would be interesting to compare bone stock CTS-V versions of the LS6 and LS2 back to back on the same dyno. If anyone has a 2006 V and would like it dyno'd for free in Minnesota, I'll cover the dyno time and can round up a few local stock LS6 Vs as a comparison.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Davidstan said:
Not to hi jack but what is the bare bone stock V to the wheels HP?
This particular V bone stock (on another dyno) did 315.2 hp / 309.64 lb-ft.

The dyno X to dyno Y comparison I'm sure is skewing the bone-stock baseline numbers and can't really use them.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today Doug and the guys just buttoned up a '99 C5 FRC with a N/A LS2 stroker putting down 600 hp. That thing sounded incredible; my wife would kill me if the V got that camshaft... :lildevil:

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Judging from the low numbers from a different dyno when my V was still original, most likely it would have been higher at DRM - probably in the 320 to 330 range.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Rick....mine was 333 stock HP and 333 stock torque on "DTE" 's dynojet last year. Can't wait to see the new numbers after the mods and tune!!! :bouncy:

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking more closely at the DRM dyno sheets tonight I realized it doesn't contain everything people want to see but it's the best I got at the moment...

StealthV Calibration (note: the Y-axes are different scales & Doug's tailpipe WBO2 isn't accurate below ~5000)

Stock vs. Stealth (no torque, x-axis is in mph) :banghead:

Video #1 with a fun ending...
(couldn't get the file to play and it's getting fixed)

:cowboy:

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My weight is fine at 180. :histeric:

Last year I had the local bling-bling tire/wheel shop mount Dunlop Wintersports on this set of wheels and one of their stick-on wheel weights has actually moved out about an inch towards the outside of the wheel, into the outer silver painted area. In the video you can see the huge hunk of a weight on the left side of the wheel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts